Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?
geekonthepc

Allow us to purchase SIMs with more contacts

by geekonthepc on ‎12-06-2010 20:03

It's great that giffgaff offers free SIMs - but only having 100 contacts is a bit of a pain. Could we not be able to order (perhaps pay a small fee) for SIMs with more contacts - either as an upgrade or on first requesting a SIM from giffgaff?

I'd happily pay 50p-£1 for a SIM with more contacts.

As we can see from the comments, and no kudos gotten, this idea is not suitable, simply because people do not use the sim any more these days to store their contacts. Hence there is no need to increase the capacity on the sim.
Comments
by geekonthepc on ‎13-06-2010 10:09

That's true. I was just thinking that there are several people saying 100 contacts is a bit lame!

by daveysludge on ‎13-06-2010 10:23

I think most people sync their contacts with their PC nowadays as well.

Sim cards store very litte info(name & 1 number) making them become obsolete as a contact storage medium these days...

by glw vanguard on ‎13-06-2010 10:42

I agree with the previous posters, instead of asking for a larger capacity SIM, and even then most SIMs aren't that large, you would be better off storing contacts in the phones memory and setting up syncing.

Syncing is handy for three reasons a) to backup your contact details against loss, theft or errors; b) to make editing them easier, type on your PC not your mobile; and c) to enable you to easily add the contacts to other mobiles and services, such as your email.

You don't even have to connect to a PC, there are many services that will sync your contacts over-the-air, Google and Ovi (Nokia) do this, and there are many others.

by thsn2k10 on ‎27-01-2011 19:30

I agree with st

by darkrage on ‎11-11-2011 03:10

i use sim to hold contacts and to transfer between handsets

by riocat on ‎04-04-2012 00:36

Just got my Giff Gaff SIM card, very excited. Well I was :smileysad: Why on earth does it only have capacity for 100 numbers?!!

Madness, I imagine Giff Gaff pay extra to manufacture a non-standard card.

Unbelievable. Cant use it. Gutted.

Bright idea - Give Same Capacity on SIM Card as Every Other Network Does ie 250.

Thank you.

Gutted of London

by ouaisne on ‎04-04-2012 13:45

I agree with gg. It is no longer a question of storing numbers - phones these days allow you to store so much more information about people that just allowing 250 numbers is meaningless. Smart phones are the way forward and some form of central backup is available to anyone free (i.e. Google) so why waste money on something that can never accomplish its goal and would only be used by a handful of people.

by drgary on ‎10-12-2012 22:38
Hi, new to giffgaff - just adding my support to the larger capacity sim card debate. I know you can sync to the cloud or to your phone, but I've always preferred the option to save to sim card , then you can take your contacts with you if for whatever reason you have to switch to a new handset, such as in an emergency. Would happily pay a token amount for a larger capacity sim. Thanks
by oldyorkie on ‎11-12-2012 02:05

@drgary

Welcome to giffgaff, but sorry mate this idea is over 2 years old and was marked as follows..

As we can see from the comments, and no kudos gotten, this idea is not suitable, simply because people do not use the sim any more these days to store their contacts. Hence there is no need to increase the capacity on the sim.
by devastator_uk on ‎22-06-2013 17:16

I think this has limited use, especially with smartphones now being able to transfer contacts from one phone to a new one in various way.

Announcements

Join us for Call of Duty

Labels
Idea Statuses
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:4,328 members 1,768 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: