Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?
philiplittle40

Auto-email proof of sim/phone barring for insurance claims

by seer philiplittle40 on ‎02-04-2012 10:08

This was posted on FB waall this morning

"giffgaff, why don't you automatically send proof of handset/sim barring? I'm unable to claim on my insurance without this. :smileysad:"

Seems reasonable, and not too resource intensive.

Searched and no duplicates found

Cheers

Phil  (woohoo, first idea :smileyvery-happy:)

Hi guys, this is a great idea however we felt not for us. Part of the reason is technically difficultly in actually implementing it, and the other is that we feel these requests needed to be handled on a case-by-case basis. Thank you for the idea and the huge support, I look forward to your future contributions. Kind regards, Hazel.
Comments
by goonerrick on ‎02-04-2012 10:14
I would think if this was automated then it would actually save resources as at the moment an agent has to send this out manually each time its requested. Surely the idea is that of whoever posted it on Facebook??? Rick.
by seer philiplittle40 on ‎02-04-2012 10:29

@goonerrick - fair enough :smileyhappy:

Although its one thing to moan about something and something else to try and do something positive about it :smileywink:

by jokeyboi77 on ‎02-04-2012 11:10
this is a great idea mate because that way people wouldn't need to wait to submit their insurance claim because it seems this is always the last piece of information people require and they need message an agent for the information and have to wait upto 72hrs to receive it and that holds their claim up also it would be less job for the agents to do this is a great idea all round for everyone so well done for this idea mate
by 1hale on ‎02-04-2012 11:12
:heart::smileyvery-happy::robotvery-happy::womanvery-happy::robotvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::heart:
by marvel andy0 marvel on ‎02-04-2012 11:20

That sounds potentially a bit tricky to me.

If someone loses a phone and there is a prospect of finding it again, which is fairly common, they don't necessarily want a report form generated immediately. 

If there has been a report form generated, then the network ought to be some fairly circumspect about unblocking the phone if it is found later, as in theory as far as they know the owner may have claimed on the insurance by then, and they don't want to be in a position of potentially supporting fraud

So personally, if I lose a phone perhaps temporarily, I don't want an auto-report straight away. I'd prefer to wait until I'm absolutely certain it's gone, and only then make the request manually.

by giffgaff; ergo sum bonusball on ‎02-04-2012 12:14

This is a great idea, something like this would really help a lot of users.

by oracle pinkcalculator on ‎02-04-2012 12:24
Yes sounds very useful maybe needs tailoring but basic concept is sound
by bertiebat on ‎02-04-2012 13:48

Yes I suppose what you are saying is that this could be generated automatically when the lost/stolen link is used and the bar phone option is selected.

I see what Andy0 is saying so the email should contain words covering the fact the this just proves that a request to block the phone has been requested but that this could have been subsequently removed.  People could still be committing fraud even if they asked for this manually and any unblocking of the phone should then warn people that the previous email is no longer valid.

Seems sensible to me (though not the highest of priorities) so kudos from me :smileyhappy:, well done Phil 1st Idea and over the 10 kudos already. :smileyhappy:

by tjommo on ‎02-04-2012 16:24

Its sensible because then more people would be aware of how to steer clear of a ban!

by kurtis5561 on ‎23-04-2012 09:35
Announcements

Labels
Idea Statuses
Weekly Poll
How are you going to spend your payback?
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:6,221 members 4,213 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: