Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?
darrenpainter

Change the FAQ page

by giffgaff head-scratcher darrenpainter on ‎18-04-2012 19:43

I am proposing a change to the HELP > FAQs page

On the right-hand side of the page is a box titled Answer Questions

answer.png

Although the button on it takes you to a search box to find answers, the linked names above take you to the top three kudos earning profiles for the last year and offer you the chance to send a private message.

This is becomming increasingly mis-interpreted by some newcomers leading them into believing they are addressing giffgaff staff members rather than fellow customers.

I think we need to either remove this section, or reword it in some way to help newcomers avoid any confusion and frustration when the members they PM inevitably cannot offer them a solution to account specific issue.

Comments
by giffgaff; ergo sum bonusball on ‎18-04-2012 19:47

Great idea Darren, getting loads of PM's to help new users I don't mind but I'm not staff :smileyvery-happy:

by wman2 on ‎18-04-2012 19:48

Good idea, although I've never got lots of PMs from people wanting me to help them :smileysad: Wouldn't mind...

by giffgaff head-scratcher darrenpainter on ‎18-04-2012 19:50

Same here, I help where I can, but feel that if it was better explained then people's expectation of who they were dealing with would be better managed.

Also it unfairly diverts queries from the main boards where there are plenty of others to offer help when I'm not able to check PMs

by michaelwelsh on ‎18-04-2012 19:50

good idea but im not sure about the scary pictures at the top of the page

by twinks on ‎18-04-2012 20:24

OMG ... I can't believe I have never ever clicked on the 'help'

help.JPG

All is clear now where all the cut, copy and pasting answers come from for queries posted!!   :smileyvery-happy:   My suggestion is that the HELP word should be BIGGER !! LOL

PS.. back to your Idea Darren ...     like it! :smileywink:

by solid247 on ‎18-04-2012 20:33
Why not just ask to leave the top members names and kudos but remove the link to pm ? ......But its your choice your on that page not us minions lol But kudo all the same
by giffgaff head-scratcher darrenpainter on ‎18-04-2012 20:34

Unless you look like this, I'm sure we don't think of you as minions

by solid247 on ‎18-04-2012 22:05
Yip thats us Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
by stephenmiller on ‎18-04-2012 22:16

You guys would know better than anyone if it's a problem.

by bertiebat ‎18-04-2012 22:22 - edited ‎18-04-2012 22:25

I did have one today however I have very few now and this is the first since I've been featured on those boards.

I got a LOT more when I used to be on the monthly kudos leader board, so I think since darrenpainter and bonusball feature there then that's actually the source of the problem and not on the help boards.

I'm certainly not against this idea but I'm not sure it will cure the problem unless this is also done on the other boards.

Announcements

Labels
Idea Statuses
Weekly Poll
How will you be spending Easter?
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:332 members 1,218 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: