Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?
alien45

Cheap international calls on GG

by alien45 on ‎02-03-2011 14:01
Mobile operators are nowadays working with voip providers to provide cheap or free voip calls. As we know, Three provides free skype to skype calls and also cheap international calls. Last year(not sure of the time), o2 aquired jajah.com and now they're offering International Favoirites and lets u call any 3 international numbers(within supported countries) for just £10 month! That is amazing(although o2 failed to keep my country in the list, i mean it was but now removed).<br><br>What I'm suggesting is that GG can hook up with a voip provider and give us similar services and that would be great! Well, at this moment only one name I'd like to suggest and that is Fring.com. Many of us use fring for free voice/video call over 3g/edge. They also offer very cheap rates. Instead of calling over 3g, together GG &amp; fring could offer us much cheaper direct(like Three &amp; Skype) international calls. Maybe there could be goodybags where can get unlimited text, unlimited web, bundle of UK mins and also bundle of international mins.<br><br>Kudos me if u like my idea and if u've any better idea please post here and support the thread! Thanks.
Comments
by iwantcake on ‎02-03-2011 14:07
Good idea - international calls and texts could be part of a new goodybag ?
by kcoyle on ‎02-03-2011 14:16
great idea dude :smileyhappy:
by alien45 on ‎02-03-2011 14:17
Having both international text & calls would be great. My main concern is international calls as we already have an unbeatable solution for text from unlimitedtext.co.uk: unlimited international text for £3/month! Thanks for your reply.
by sauron on ‎03-03-2011 00:25
unlimitedtext.co.uk = 50 a day is not unlimited in any way shape or form.
by alien45 on ‎03-03-2011 05:14
Well, thats still 1500 a month? And 50 text for just 10p. Isn't that cheapest yet? Anyway, thanks for pointing that out. I don't think its gonna be profitable for GG to get us even cheaper deal.
by dangaff on ‎03-03-2011 15:39

This is duplicate idea:

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Submit-Great-giffgaff-Ideas/Provide-a-VOIP-gateway/idi-p/4926

Last heard of this it was 'under consideration':

Hi all, We are considering the possibilities when it comes to VOIP gateways and are currently working with Ja Jah to see what we can do. At the moment we have no set plans however, nor a date of implementation if we ever get that far. Hence this idea has its status set to 'Under Consideration'. Cheers, Vincent

by giffgaff head-scratcher darrenpainter on ‎03-03-2011 15:43
by alien45 on ‎04-03-2011 12:38
Although, its a similar idea but my suggestion on choosing a provider was different. In thread the poster suggested skype for voip gateway while skype is only cheap for europe & america. Call rates to most asian countries is still not so good. While fring does it pretty well on offering cheaper(or maybe cheapest) calls to asia as well as europe-america. FIY, call rates to bangladesh, india & pakistan mobile are accordingly 1.7, 0.9 & 4.3 € cents/min(less in GBP) and calls to USA mobile is only 0.7 € cent/min. These are the cheapest rates to my concern. So again, please guys support the thread! Doesn't matter whatever voip provider GG chooses, we want it implemented and we want cheaper international rates. Thanks.
by tribes69 on ‎23-11-2011 10:15

I been forwarding a skype account that costs me £8.40 for 3 months to landline access number to voipgain.com that i topup with 10 euros every 3 months but you keep the balance for other types of calls to get account for that i can call freeCanada, China ,Czech Republic,Denmark,Estonia,Finland,France,Germany,Greece,Hong Kong,Hungary,Ireland,Italy,Japan,Malaysia,Morocco,Netherlands,Norway,Peru,Poland,Portugal,Slovenia,South Korea,Spain,Sweden,Switzerland,United Kingdom,United States and mobile uk moblies 4p a minute but does have a 0.039 EURO connection fee and my skype moble does not even need to be topup as well as running 4 moblies off this system.

Announcements

Labels
Idea Statuses
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:4,344 members 5,203 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: