Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?
rong42

Continue Using 1st Class Postage for Replacement Sims

by rong42 ‎17-10-2011 15:13 - edited ‎21-10-2011 09:19

Hi all,

People are probably aware that giffgaff is changing the packaging that sims are sent out in, in order to save costs. Fair enough.

It was announced on the Service Updates notice board

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Service-Updates-Notice-board/New-packaging-alert/m-p/1850535

that this would include changing to 2nd class postage for sims. Again, fair enough.

However, when asked, giffgaff (eventually) said that this would also include replacement sims

Message 23:

naiha wrote:

Thanks for your comments, replacement sims will also be sent out on 2nd class postage.

Thank you

This is where I have a problem. I think replacement sims should continue to be sent out 1st class. If you lose your phone, it is stolen or you have a technical problem with the sim, you need that replacement sim as soon as possible

PS

A quick search also throws up this idea, of being able to request an express delivery option on replacement sims:

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/ideas/v1/ideapage/blog-id/ideas_01/article-id/11639/

But even though Robbie said it was under consideration in January 2011, nothing further has happened with this idea!

Edit:

People may also be interested in this idea, which wants giffgaff to delay the changed until after Xmas:

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/ideas/v1/ideapage/blog-id/ideas_01/article-id/49334 

Hi guys - this has now been implemented with out new packaging: From Naiha's blog: "Another bit of good news for you all is that the Lost and Stolen SIM packs (the Oops pack) will be delivered by 1st class post, so you won't have to wait too long :smileyhappy:"
Comments
by northernnoel on ‎17-10-2011 15:30

If it cost too much maybe have an option to pay for quicker delivery out of your balance? Second class can be a lot slower than first i've found. First tends to arrive within 2-3 days for me where second tends to be 5-10.

by moogl3s on ‎17-10-2011 15:51

I think if you want it much quicker then you pay the difference or price. Saves giffgaff money and only those who really want it that quick will get it.

by tim1974 on ‎17-10-2011 16:02

Even first class isn't guaranteed although it does seem a bit poor to not try and replace a current customers card as fast as possible so they continue to be happy using the network.

by megadieftw on ‎17-10-2011 17:14

I agree that getting it quicker should come out of your balance, but of course you'd need that option. With payback that should mean it doesn't matter in the end. maybe have tiered options as well, so express next day, 1st, 2nd (free) etc. and maybe even airmail next day (if you were abroad?) maybe?

But it is in giffgaff's best interests to have these options as eg

if there's a businessman who needs a replacement sim, if its 2nd class, and knows he needs to make and receive a lot of calls, he may just buy a new handset with a sim already in it (i.e. from another network) rather than wait. and thus giffgaff loose money and possibly a customer if that person sticks with the new network.

by avrahum on ‎17-10-2011 20:18

gave you the 10th kudo

maybe this can be implemented

by bilalmukhtar1 on ‎17-10-2011 20:26

maybe the express delivery option should come out of our payback points?

by yaakov1 on ‎17-10-2011 20:31

i sent this link to criag so it can be looked at

hopefully he'll open it and comment here

by emilina on ‎17-10-2011 20:34

I agree with this.

When I first read Naiha's comment I thought it was a bad move. We all accept this is a low-cost network and there is a bit of a wait for some things, and I totally agre normal sims can go 2nd class, but I really think replacement sims should go 1st class.

by daveyg on ‎17-10-2011 20:36

A very sensible idea fingers crossed they listen.

by oracle pinkcalculator on ‎18-10-2011 08:57
Not just without the phone but the goodybag ticking away too ( if there is one )
Announcements

Labels
Idea Statuses
Weekly Poll
How are you going to spend your payback?
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:6,015 members 7,008 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: