Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?
s_morris

Council of Elders

by s_morris ‎27-04-2012 13:15 - edited ‎27-04-2012 13:33

Hi Guys,

I came up with this idea last week and then saw the post called 'the one year+ club'. My idea is similar to that one however im not competing in any way and i hope for some kind of comprimise between the ideas.

My Idea

To have a 'council of elders' board which only members with 1000+ posts can post on

The Uses of this Board

To allow experienced members to have a stronger voice by putting forward there ideas

To allow experienced members to converse maturely 

To ask questions that you feel only experienced members will now as opposed to the regular board where newbies will attempt to answer something to which they have no knowledge about

Thanks for reading!!!

EDIT: I also feel this board will allow the educators to have a more dignified 'meeting' with the more experienced giffgaffers on the board to come to a better conclusion

EDIT2: with the advice of caballeropi I have decided that it may alos be wise not just to do it by 1000 posts but also by a certain amount of Accepted Solutions

Comments
by fixxon on ‎27-04-2012 13:26

Sounds a good idea altho im not at a 1000 yet lol

by s_morris on ‎27-04-2012 13:27

SOmething to encourage you to work towards :smileywink:!!

by caballeropl on ‎27-04-2012 13:28

Everything that has to do with a minimum number of posts tends to make people spaming on forums only to get the required number and always affects the quality of service in a negative way.

by s_morris ‎27-04-2012 13:31 - edited ‎27-04-2012 13:33

@caballeropi thats a very good point so i maybe i should add that they need to have a certain amount of accepted solutions too!!

by giffgaff head-scratcher darrenpainter on ‎27-04-2012 13:39
Any type of segregation of members by statistics such as these will enevitably lead to accusations of elitism by people outside of it, even if it is done with all good intentions. Many of the people who might be part of this group had to start somewhere with no reputation, and had to earn any respect they might currently enjoy. If interaction between what might be seen as senior members and giffgaff happens and restricts contribution from newcomers then the community could lose out on fresh views on subjects
by chessgolf on ‎27-04-2012 20:35

A council of Giffgaff Elders???

Will we have an archbishop who comes into office based on being the top contributor of posts. Or perhaps we could choose him using white or black smoke as they do in Rome.

Top contributors based on volume of posts will not necessarily mean top contributors based on knowledge or ability to solve problems faced by new giffgaffers. Just look through almost any topic on the boards and you will find meaningless repetition and even post that are carbon copies of previous ones.

I feel sure I could reach 1000 posts in a very short time and become a Giffgaff Elder but I can't guarantee my comments would be worth reading.

by mgb2 on ‎27-04-2012 21:57

I can't really see any value in a group of 'elders' who will be in the main, teenagers...

just cos someone has posted a 1000 times doesn't mean anything they say holds water.

How about a council of 'over 40's'? at least they'd be able to draw on some life experience.

by mary_r_t on ‎28-04-2012 02:28

My sentiments here are much the same as the One year+ club:

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Submit-Great-giffgaff-Ideas/One-Year-Club/idc-p/3990347/highlight/t...

I have to agree that a lot of posts doesn't necessarily mean a lot of good posts - quality over quantity every time :-)

by natasha_smith on ‎28-04-2012 13:54
Have you ever read George Orwells "animal farm" ? Enough said! :-)
by inspiron42 on ‎28-04-2012 14:00
People can make their own decision on what ideas or advice they wish to accept using their own criteria. It does not require a group of self appointed individuals to do this.
Announcements

Join us for Call of Duty

Labels
Idea Statuses
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:6,504 members 4,353 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: