Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?
simon69c

Disable Balance Pop-ups

by simon69c motivator ‎16-02-2010 12:26 - edited ‎16-02-2010 14:40

While for some users, having your giffgaff call balance pop-up after each text or call is really handy, for others it can be a real pain - especially on some handsets where the pop-up is quite intrusive.

Unfortunately this cannot currently be set on or off individually - it is either on for everyone (as it is now) or off for everyone.  Personally I don't mind too much either way, though I can appreciate that it is probably more of an issue for those who don't like it than those who do, so I wouldn't really miss it if it was turned off (especially as you can request an on-demand balance by sending *100# anyway).

If you would prefer it to be off for everyone then please Kudos this idea, if you would prefer to have them left on then please add a comment.  Ideally I suppose we could have the option to turn off and on individually - but that would be a longer term goal as the system would need to be changed to incorporate that.

Comments
by ragnorak motivator ‎16-02-2010 14:59 - edited ‎16-02-2010 15:00

After reading all the opinions on this I'd say it's better to turn them OFF for everyone, as it can be distracting for texters in particular. I can't imagine many people missing them.

by counsellor danielclo1il on ‎17-02-2010 17:28

i find this REALLY annoying, it makes me think the person has text me back quick, but its a popup

by justox on ‎17-02-2010 20:02

I find it really useful after calls and texts, but my Nokia 5800 doesnt reply it as a text but as a pop up so doesnt feel like someones text me back. But I find it useful because I dont always remember the check balance number, I find that hard to remember from previously being on o2 and them both so similar.

by bkfromcatford on ‎26-02-2010 11:32

At the moment I think it is probably a good novel idea, but maybe for heavier users it is an annoyance. The best compromise would be the ability to let the "viewer" decide.

by handy giff-staffer clairekav on ‎03-03-2010 13:05

Hi folks,

Until a technical solution if available from a 'giffgaff' level, it looks on some handsets you can switch them on or off... 

From peeter:

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Great-giffgaff-Ideas/Last-Charge-Info/idi-p/4213

"......my Nokia 6300 its easy to turn the pop-up off or on.  It's simply Menu - Settings - Call/Call Settings - Summary after Call.....and just select on or off."

by marvel andy0 marvel ‎03-03-2010 14:57 - edited ‎03-03-2010 14:57

Claire, I don't think that works - peeter later also posted a thread about this, and the replies suggested not anyway, and on my phone I eventually found that section in the menu and it too was set to off.

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/giffgaffer-Top-Tips/Turning-Call-Summary-Pop-Up-On-Off/m-p/4335#M16...

by llihbbig trainee on ‎05-03-2010 16:04

Actually I find hese popups pretty helpful.  I don't use auto-topup (don't want to, either) so the popups are what let me know I'm running low on credit.  I'd bemore likely to be caught out otherwise.

BUT - today there have been no popups.  Have they been turned off?  if so I'd rather they were switched on again.  If not is there something I can do to turn popups on again for me?

by simon69c motivator on ‎05-03-2010 18:26

I've not got them today either - not sure if that's a temporary glitch or they've decided to turn them off.  However if you want to know your balance at any time all you need to do is key in *100# and call - this will trigger a balance pop up on your screen.

by birdman ‎05-03-2010 22:10 - edited ‎05-03-2010 23:12

Have also not been receiving the notifications today and would like to thank whoever is responsible (if deliberate).

Hurrah! And Kudos to Simon for suggesting it.

EDIT: Thanks to Simon for putting it in the Ideas area, rather than for the original idea.. I've only just read the original thread.

by bennystan on ‎06-03-2010 11:14

I think that credit popups should be disabled after sending SMS but not after calling . 

Announcements

Join us for Call of Duty

Labels
Idea Statuses
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:5,655 members 3,900 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: