Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?
simon69c

Disable Balance Pop-ups

by simon69c motivator ‎16-02-2010 12:26 - edited ‎16-02-2010 14:40

While for some users, having your giffgaff call balance pop-up after each text or call is really handy, for others it can be a real pain - especially on some handsets where the pop-up is quite intrusive.

Unfortunately this cannot currently be set on or off individually - it is either on for everyone (as it is now) or off for everyone.  Personally I don't mind too much either way, though I can appreciate that it is probably more of an issue for those who don't like it than those who do, so I wouldn't really miss it if it was turned off (especially as you can request an on-demand balance by sending *100# anyway).

If you would prefer it to be off for everyone then please Kudos this idea, if you would prefer to have them left on then please add a comment.  Ideally I suppose we could have the option to turn off and on individually - but that would be a longer term goal as the system would need to be changed to incorporate that.

Comments
by pconno1 novice on ‎05-07-2010 20:16

Can we have an update on the implementation date for this from someone in the know please?

by lickpenny on ‎10-07-2010 14:06

Hello GiffGaff,

As the last post really. Any news on the implementation date?

Cheers

by danielscott on ‎10-07-2010 15:26

Vincent posted a message about this on the blog section of the site. Here is a link. http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Blog/Voicemail-number-change-and-lots-of-other-updates/bc-p/32017#M...

by mhoobag1 graduate on ‎22-07-2010 13:41

Want to turn you balance notifications off?

Kudos this post by Vincent b4Friday: http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Welcome-and-News/Want-to-turn-you-balance-notifications-off/td-p/38...

by mhoobag1 graduate on ‎22-07-2010 13:42

Want to turn you balance notifications off?

Kudos this post by Vincent before Friday: http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Welcome-and-News/Want-to-turn-you-balance-notifications-off/td-p/38...

by jamjaw on ‎14-09-2010 14:05

Any news on the implementation of this?!?!

by vincent on ‎15-09-2010 10:40
by adcad on ‎15-03-2011 14:58

please disable so annoying 

by marvel andy0 marvel on ‎16-03-2011 02:25

adcad, the thread linked to in Vincent's post just above yours says this has been done

go to My giffgaff, then Balance Notifications, and select there

by earthw0rmj1m on ‎24-06-2011 23:07

It would be nice if it told you your balance only as a 'your nearly out' message.. Increasing in frequency the closer you get to your limit..    

So.. At top up.. Example 500 texts

next message saying 100 left

next message at

then 25

then 10 

then a 'your out text'...

Same with mins..

Sorry if I have repeated someone else's comment.... Just got back from work and too tired to read every comment.... :smileyvery-happy:

but just to reiterate ... It is really annoying as it is..  Especially on my phone... Cause you have the option to read or exit... If you exit, the same message comes thru..again and again... Until you click read... real annoying...

GO GIFFGAFF.    LOVE IT.

Announcements

Join us for Call of Duty

Labels
Idea Statuses
Weekly Poll
test poll - ignore me if you find me
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:3,508 members 688 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: