Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?
nabeel_nabs

Disabling pay-g rates via phone.

by nabeel_nabs ‎09-08-2011 23:15 - edited ‎09-08-2011 23:23

I'd like to know whether it would be possible to disable pay as you go charging (8p/min 4p/text etc) . The reason why this would be beneficial is for anybody with a goodybag who tops up more than is needed e.g. somebody with a hokey cokey has to top up £10 if they aren't buying via credit card and so if they were to use an extra text they would have 4.96 left over for the next month...Which isn't enough to renew a goodybag and can be very annoying. Similarly, somebody topping up £20 and buying a £10 goodybag and then using an extra minutes will be left with £9.92 which could again be very annoying if they need the unlimited internet... This could be in the form of a number which has to be texted to activate/deactivate the service...

I did a quick search and didnt find any similar ideas so I'm sorry if this has been suggested before...

Disabling PAYG rates would also stop a member from doing everything outside of their goodybag, calling 0845 and 0800 numbers, etc etc - it would be too disabling to a member to consider having this as a feature - thank you for your idea and I look forward to your future contributions!
Comments
by 1hale ‎09-08-2011 23:40 - edited ‎09-08-2011 23:41

nabeel_nabs wrote:

I'd like to know whether it would be possible to disable pay as you go charging (8p/min 4p/text etc) . The reason why this would be beneficial is for anybody with a goodybag who tops up more than is needed e.g. somebody with a hokey cokey has to top up £10 if they aren't buying via credit card and so if they were to use an extra text they would have 4.96 left over for the next month...Which isn't enough to renew a goodybag and can be very annoying. Similarly, somebody topping up £20 and buying a £10 goodybag and then using an extra minutes will be left with £9.92 which could again be very annoying if they need the unlimited internet... This could be in the form of a number which has to be texted to activate/deactivate the service...

I did a quick search and didnt find any similar ideas so I'm sorry if this has been suggested before...

Why not just buy 2 bags in one go.

I mean:

A] Buy a £10 voucher.

B] Credit to your account

C] Come online and purchase a £5 Hokey Cokey bag which becomes active

D] Go back and buy a second £5 Hokey Cokey bag which becomes queued

E] Your credit balance is now £0.00

F] Pay as you go rates are disabled coz your balance is zero.

by nabeel_nabs on ‎10-08-2011 00:15

Because you may not want a goodybag next month or you may need a different goodybag next month e.g. more minutes and so it'd be nice to know you dont have to top-up extra for it.

by supermuslim on ‎10-08-2011 05:09
Good idea. Kudos given
by victor1990 on ‎10-08-2011 10:36

Good idea, kudos given!

by aaron544 on ‎10-08-2011 21:26

I found this when i first signed up yes its frustrating but disableing pay as u go rates isnt practical

by nabeel_nabs on ‎10-08-2011 22:59

@aaron544 It'd be practical for parents who want toget their kids a giffgaff sim - as many do nowadays. I also don't mean disabling them completely as I suggested the text method of switching it on/off.

by hugobosslives on ‎11-08-2011 11:37

cant see it being practial from giffgaff's point of view

but as a user, would love to see this

by sloz I was born right here on ‎12-08-2011 10:38
Surprised why this received so many kudos, it's totally unworkable
by wizzo on ‎12-08-2011 22:38

Something that is quite unworkable! However, I do have a solution to avoid this problem. 

as @1hale suggested above, buy an extra goodybag and get it refunded before it kicks in if you decide to change your mind!

Announcements

Join us for Call of Duty

Labels
Idea Statuses
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:4,443 members 1,562 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: