Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?
nabeel_nabs

Disabling pay-g rates via phone.

by nabeel_nabs ‎09-08-2011 23:15 - edited ‎09-08-2011 23:23

I'd like to know whether it would be possible to disable pay as you go charging (8p/min 4p/text etc) . The reason why this would be beneficial is for anybody with a goodybag who tops up more than is needed e.g. somebody with a hokey cokey has to top up £10 if they aren't buying via credit card and so if they were to use an extra text they would have 4.96 left over for the next month...Which isn't enough to renew a goodybag and can be very annoying. Similarly, somebody topping up £20 and buying a £10 goodybag and then using an extra minutes will be left with £9.92 which could again be very annoying if they need the unlimited internet... This could be in the form of a number which has to be texted to activate/deactivate the service...

I did a quick search and didnt find any similar ideas so I'm sorry if this has been suggested before...

Disabling PAYG rates would also stop a member from doing everything outside of their goodybag, calling 0845 and 0800 numbers, etc etc - it would be too disabling to a member to consider having this as a feature - thank you for your idea and I look forward to your future contributions!
Comments
by duddriks on ‎14-08-2011 11:49
Good idea
by giffgaff Educator on ‎27-08-2011 10:36
Status changed to: Not For Us
Disabling PAYG rates would also stop a member from doing everything outside of their goodybag, calling 0845 and 0800 numbers, etc etc - it would be too disabling to a member to consider having this as a feature - thank you for your idea and I look forward to your future contributions!
Announcements

Labels
Idea Statuses
Weekly Poll
Are you aware of the #alltheboss campaign?
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:1,858 members 4,317 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: