Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?

Easy PM Links for Educators

by 930913 on ‎04-05-2012 17:55

When an educator posts saying that they've fixed someone's links, they often leave a message like this one that says along the lines of "It should be fixed. If not, PM me."

Might I suggest that the "PM me" be a hyperlink to PM the educator, and that this be done wherever an educator posts something similar.

This will help new users find and use the PM functionality better.

Comments
by as7861 on ‎04-05-2012 18:04

Yes i understand this from a new members view :smileyhappy: 

And thats why i kudos'd it :smileywink: 

And sometimes i think the their should use of imagery :smileywink: 

As well :smileywink: But thats my view :smileywink: 

by hg on ‎04-05-2012 21:36

Yeah.  What @as7861 said <nods wisely>.

Regards

hg

by solid247 on ‎04-05-2012 22:25
Yeah not a bad idea but there again its not really the ed's jobs, and it would be better to fix the links full stop. Or use this link below instead of requesting a educator as this link fixs the ops messages to agents http://giffgaff.com/rightnow/account/questions/list
by oldyorkie on ‎06-05-2012 13:45

Yes - I can support this without thinking twice :manhappy:

Might I suggest that as each Educator sees where a PM might be needed, such as fixing broken links or service threads, then their direct PM link is either included within their post or in their signature?

by giffgaff Educator on ‎06-05-2012 13:47

@oldyorkie - That's a brilliant idea. 

I love this idea, but inputting the link each time would have been a pain, but by putting it in our signatures - the link will always be there! Kudos to the idea and Kudos to you Oldyorkie!

by oldyorkie on ‎06-05-2012 14:10

@Hazel :smileyhappy:

The obvious ones are never obvious lol. It certainly wasn't to me :smileyvery-happy:

The only thing I would be concerned with though is the amount of PMs you guys would then receive instead of members contacting the agents. There would have to be strict visible guidelines on when to and when not to contact an Educator - particularly as it is one of the most common incorrect suggestions within the forums :smileywink:

by bluemoonbaz on ‎07-05-2012 12:20
yes good idea and another from oldyorkie . but can see edds being overwelmed with.pms about agents issues.. kudos to ya both
by stephenmiller on ‎05-08-2012 13:54
Status changed to: Idea Vault
The members have spoken and unfortunately this isn't what they're looking for right now. We love ideas so don't be disheartened, try again - we look forward to it! - http://giff.ly/fromggtoyou
by giffgaff Educator on ‎09-01-2014 12:11
Status changed to: Idea Vault

Announcements

Labels
Idea Statuses
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:4,258 members 6,381 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: