Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?
0 Kudos
mrtopp

Fix the Ask an Agent link

by mrtopp on ‎02-03-2012 12:04

Back when I joined giffgaff, there was this odd bug with the website -- sometimes, new joiners would be unable to "ask an agent". The link simply wouldn't work.

Today -- more than half a year later -- the same problem exists.

I see that there are ideas out there regarding this, such as Proactive Fix for Ask an Agent and Replies, but these ideas are flawed: they assume giffgaff is working on a fix, and suggesting a mitigating strategy until such a fix is in place.

Given that there is no idea being kudosed about ACTUALLY FIXING THE BUG, I am beginning to wonder if anybody is working on it. So I would like to suggest that GIFFGAFF ACTUALLY FIX THIS ******* BUG.

It seems completely ridiculous that the only means provided to contact the company in regards to account-related issues simply does not function for a significant number of the customers. This should be fixed, and there should be some sort of proactive process in place to address these issues *before* customers notice and come to the forum to help.

This whole thing is getting a little shameful.

Moved to duplicate
Comments
by giffgaff head-scratcher darrenpainter on ‎03-03-2012 11:07

As the originator of the idea mentioned, it didn't assume a fix was being put into place permanently, that only came up in one of the later comments when it was explained that the issue arose for people who did a port request without having first ever using the ask an agent link for something. and that giffgaff had stated they were intended to resolve it with a system update (that never materliased)

My whole focus was on asking giffgaff to do whatever manual process is used to fix the bug as an automated process against accounts . i.e a proactive check for it rather than a re-active and messy visible problem that gives a bad first impression.

However I do support your comment that by now it has dragged on long enough and the whole issue needs to be resolved to get some semblence of service back into the system.

Announcements

Join us for Call of Duty

Labels
Idea Statuses
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:6,466 members 5,157 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: