Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?
justinrossrowe48

Free Call Divert to Landlines

by justinrossrowe48 on ‎11-10-2010 17:27

Years ago there used to be a service called 'Orange Everyphone'. I've just re-discovered that it does still exist, but it's only available to business customers.

See here: http://business.orange.co.uk/home/small/products-and-services/services-and-accounts/voice-services/e...

The idea was that you could divert your calls to a landline or another mobile on the same network, free of per minute charges.

You could also dial a short number from your handset e.g. 330, or 07xxx xxx330 from a landline or another mobile to set the divert up, if for example you had left your phone in the office, or at home. - I have noticed a similar idea has recently been posted up in the ideas forum!!

Obviously, the termination fee GiffGaff receives for calls to it's mobile range dwarfs that of the termination fee for diverting to a landline, hence I feel this service is not only useful, but actually viable.

Orange also charges a one off 8p(ish) charge for setting these diverts by charging to call the 330 short code number, or if setting up from the landline they receive termination revenue by using 07xxx xxx 330.

This could make GiffGaff money whilst providing a service users are asking you for!

**Please kudos if you like this idea, and would like to be able to divert your calls to landline numbers for free!**

This is existing functionality, some cost and some are free. Please see below (cheers nutella).

Call divert

all calls all times

** 21 * phone number where calls are to be forwarded #

Call divert

all calls all times cancel

dial #21#

Call divert

all calls all times status

*#21#

Call divert

ALL DIVERTS cancelled

# # 002 # 

Call divert

ALL DIVERTS reactivate

*#002#

Call divert

no reply

** 61 * phone number where calls are to be forwarded #

Call divert

no reply cancel

#61#

Call divert

no reply status

*#61#

Call divert

not reachable

** 62 * phone number where calls are to be forwarded #

Call divert

not reachable cancel

#62#

Call divert

not reachable status

*#62#

Call divert

when busy

** 67 * phone number where calls are to be forwarded # 

Comments
by nutellajunkie on ‎11-10-2010 17:36
You can do this, with inclusive minutes. :smileywink: I wouldn't expect anything done for free though, and good, we are here to make money. The theory is nice, but doubtful!
by jamesey162 on ‎11-10-2010 17:53

Not for free, but i would pay for this service.

by radicallight on ‎11-10-2010 18:34

I remember Everyphone as well as WildFire! ("Here I am!") which I used to make extensive use of.  I also remember when sending and receiving text messages was free.

I'm with you on this one, it'd be a great service to even just provide a dial-in number you could use to set up a remote divert on your phone (eg when it's run out of battery or out of range as mine frequently is).    I'm not aware that O2 (GG'd parent network) has any form of similar service at present.

I don't think charging diverted portion of the calls is too expensive at 8ppm, although I would like to see this 'free' to VOIP lines.

by justinrossrowe48 on ‎11-10-2010 18:49
@nutella - Inclusive minutes or goodybag minutes aren't free though. @radicallight - Certainly with you on the free diversion to VOIP/SIP. I feel that 8ppm to other mobile networks is great value, but do believe diversion to landlines should be free as i've already said it is more than covered by the termination rate giffgaff receives.
by nutellajunkie on ‎12-10-2010 16:05
Yes I know that, thats why I said it can be done with the inclusive. Im always going to stick with you cant get everything for free here. And that profit needs to be made. im out.
by fahadsadah on ‎12-10-2010 16:33

I think this would be a great way for giffgaff to make profit. More people would use it than if it was charged for, which giffgaff could really cash in on.

by fahadsadah on ‎12-10-2010 16:36

To nutellajunkie and jamesy, remember that call diverting to landlines, or other O2 phones, is quite profitable - receiving the full mobile termination rate and paying almost nothing (on-net and landline calls are practically free)

by justinrossrowe48 on ‎12-10-2010 19:17

@fahadsadah - My point exactly.

@nutellajunkie - It would be 'free' to the GiffGaff user, but GiffGaff would still be making a profit from the termination rates!

That's the whole point, GiffGaff users get another much wanted service and for *free*, and yet still it actually pay's GiffGaff a profit - It's win-win all round!

And... It would be another advantage to being with GiffGaff, as no other network offers this service (unless you're an orange business customer.)

by chriszzzzzz ‎13-10-2010 11:42 - edited ‎13-10-2010 11:42

Well come on gg.......Lets have a diffinitive answer on a good idea.......

by nutellajunkie ‎13-10-2010 14:47 - edited ‎13-10-2010 14:49

I already use caller divert.. just set up caller divert then! if its free its free, if its not, its not.

Call divert

all calls all times

** 21 * phone number where calls are to be forwarded #

Call divert

all calls all times cancel

dial #21#

Call divert

all calls all times status

*#21#

Call divert

ALL DIVERTS cancelled

# # 002 #