Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?
person8012

Free Facebook

by person8012 on ‎19-05-2010 11:15

Facebook recently launched a low bandwidth mobile version of their site(0.facebook.com) and have made some agreements with operators to allow their users to access it for free. http://blog.facebook.com/blog.php?post=391295167130 for more information. I think it would be great if giffgaff did this.

Hey folks, with 23 Kudos in 3 years, we won't be looking to implemented this one unless it's reposted, Kind regards, Hazel.
Comments
by hemminac on ‎19-05-2010 12:49

Well, yes, free always sounds good - probably earn plenty of kudos points - but, why should facebook be an exception?

I probably access google services more than facebook on my phone - why should one person have facebook for free and yet I have to pay to access google?

Yes, ok, "facebook for free" is a nice selling point I suppose - but GG will have to pay for that free-ness with charges elsewhere.

Data is free for another month anyway - and the cheapest data goodybag is only a tenner after that period. I'm personally more content with the good value overall, rather than have more freebies and say higher call/text charges.

by paul_shirley on ‎19-05-2010 13:04

At the risk of sounding like a 'grumpy old man' I cant help feeling the users most likely to be hammering Facebook are hammering everything else enough to need a £10+ goodybag and dont need free access!

by anthonydclark on ‎19-05-2010 14:21
agreed why just facebook they should not be allowed an monopoly doing this. if free for facebook the others like twitter etc should be too. i cringe facebook now on how they are manipulating there monopoly with the social networking.
by jonmd on ‎19-05-2010 15:13

If facebook want free access from Giffgaff, they should pay for it, not the other way round. In my view, this does more to promote facebook than it does the mobile phone operators. I also see no reason to promote facebook over other social networks. I would imagine that you would get to use this for free for the next month anyway because data is still free. Once data is charged for, doubtless it is free with a £10 or higher goodybag anyway.

by vincent on ‎27-05-2010 10:06
Status changed to: Working On It
We have been looking into this and I am pleased to say this will become a feature with giffgaff. We don't have an exact date for implementation.
by francisuk on ‎13-02-2011 16:12

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Submit-Great-giffgaff-Ideas/facebook-or-twitter-5-deal-afther-28th-...

Answered my above question :smileyvery-happy: but has twitter got the same like 0.twitter.com?

by aaronjlaw on ‎21-07-2011 14:36

This is a great idea!

by adaley on ‎28-10-2011 23:44

Not a fan of Facebook myself but it would be nice to get an update on this. There are a few outstanding accepted ideas and it would be nice to see them updated and implemented.

--Adam

by tobias_b on ‎01-11-2011 12:21
Status changed to: Working On It
We are asking O2 about this
by nottud on ‎05-01-2012 18:53

Facebook seem to be slowly scrapping the sms system - I can't send or receive private messages and several other features any more as they are trying to get everyone onto the facebook app. The trouble is the facebook app uses data rather than sms. :smileysad: I would need to use data jsut to check for messages which is unsuitable as it would cost me 20p a day!

Free access to the facebook mobile site or free data for the messenger system would be amazing if it is possible.

Announcements

Join us for Call of Duty

Labels
Idea Statuses
Weekly Poll
test poll - ignore me if you find me
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:5,076 members 1,883 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: