Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?
keighleyboy

Free Internet Access on users mobile for accessing *.giffgaff.com (anything.giffgaff.com)

by keighleyboy on ‎18-04-2011 10:12

Provide free access to the giffgaff.com domain and it's subdomains like community.giffgaff.com.

I would be very useful to top up my account using my card on giffgaff.com but from my phone and being freely able to do that without having to pay just to access the page where i'm going to give you (GiffGaff)  more money/business. Same can be said if i want to contact an agent, contribute to the community while i'm out and about, learn of new goddybags from my mobile, check the pricing page, even just read the posts to maintenace issues that may explain why my service on that perticaluar day may not be working to its usual standard.

There are quite are few mobile networks and lots of MVNOs in the market now, one of the bigger players in the market 3 allow you to access the mobile and web version of three.co.uk and its subdomains and services with out charge from the users mobile.

I think it would be a very good feature for GiffGaff, a good feature for people to come to GiffGaff, plus a very good way to encourage further community particapation and also for use to spend more with GiffGaff.

I know i would spend more with GiffGaff if i didn't have to go to a shop to top up or find access to a PC that i trust with internet to top up, as i sure other users on GiffGaff are not always at home on their PCs or near any shops or any shops that allow to top up your mobile all the time.

Comments
by ovolactohippo ‎18-04-2011 10:21 - edited ‎18-04-2011 10:21

This is something which has been in the process I believe (but has run into some technical difficulties I believe) - have a search on the website :smileyhappy:

by mba_263 on ‎18-04-2011 10:21

isnt the top up site free?

by joolzian on ‎18-04-2011 10:22
by sloz plugged in on ‎18-04-2011 11:33
Dosnt work for the majority of mobiles unfortunately though joolzian. I thought they would have updated the mobile site by now to make it more mobile friendly .
by keighleyboy on ‎24-04-2011 19:41

If you like the idea like i do, kudos the idea at the top left that is shaped like an arrow pointing up

Thank You

by giffgaff Educator on ‎24-09-2011 20:28
Status changed to: Not For Us
This Idea has unfortunately not received much support in over 3 months and has not reached the magic 10 kudos needed but if it does it will later be revisited. ^_^ Thanks so much for contributing to the Ideas board and I look forward to your next idea. Kind regards, Hazel
by as7861 on ‎02-01-2012 22:19
Status changed to: Idea Vault

by alyamani on ‎23-04-2012 21:08

I really wouldn't hesitate to support the idea because I know a lot of friends and family members suffering from not being able to buy from the GG site using their mobiles.

My only concern would be security and technical abilities.  Otherwise you have my support and a kudos.

by matthewnoon on ‎23-04-2012 21:23

the top up part of the site is free anyway isnt it?

by mary_r_t on ‎23-04-2012 22:42
Announcements

Labels
Idea Statuses
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:4,523 members 6,510 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: