Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?
jermin

Free Wi-Fi

by jermin on ‎25-09-2010 19:53

BT Openzone and other Wi-Fi hotspts are popping up every now and then, and other networks such as O2, Vodafone etc has taken advantage of it. Isn't it time GiffGaff did the same?

As more and more people are taking up 3G phones and using it to browse the internet, the network usage can take up severe strain, causing low reception (or whatever the technical name is). If GiffGaff starts providing free wifi (maybe limited), then that strain can be reduced.

Proposition: 

Implement Free Wi-Fi into Goodybags, preferably from £5 as £10 already gives Unlimited Internet

P.S. Sorry if this idea has already come forward

As we are a low cost operation and have unlimited internet on our goodybags, so adding hot spots all over the country, we feel isn't needed as well as that it would go against the grain of our low cost operation.
Comments
by jermin on ‎26-09-2010 00:47

Obviously there is no thing such as Free Wi-Fi, that is why I said include it in the goody bag (please check on my idea) Phone can use wifi, and if mobile operator doesn't got anything to do with it, why do O2 or even Vodafone include in their Packages?  If GiffGaff wants to include it in £10, then so be it. As long as it takes away the strain.

by markkcurtis on ‎01-10-2010 00:16

I was on o2 before I came here and I can honestly say the free wifi was more of a pain than a benefit. More often than not the service would hang or just refuse to let you login.

I would rather giffgaff concentrated on what they do now. They do, after all, already have the albatross of o2 to deal with, without giving them more hassle.

by ado16 on ‎08-06-2011 14:14

Hopefully this will be irrelevant soon.  I have read in some tech pages that O2 are rolling out small cell wi-fi connections for everyone across the country - for free.  We await with baited breath (as the saying goes).

by johnhind on ‎19-10-2011 09:00

I think no one is suggesting GiffGaff install their own hotspots but partner with an existing network like you've done with 3G. I agree it is less important to customers given unlimited 3G (except that it would usually give a faster service and would plug some holes in O2's 3G coverage). However it should (in theory) reduce GiffGaff operating costs (some of which savings might be passed on). If WiFi was available in the unlimited internet bundle (at no extra cost) some 3G use would be substituted by WiFi use. Given the wholesale price of WiFi would be cheaper than 3G this should reduce the operating costs.

by dmg1 on ‎08-06-2012 15:21

I think this is a great idea.  have giffgaff actually approached the relavent providers to find out how much this would actually cost?

Announcements

Join us for Call of Duty

Labels
Idea Statuses
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:6,228 members 5,308 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: