Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?
0 Kudos
dariocrosier

GiffGaff Contract?

by dariocrosier on ‎11-01-2011 20:59

I've noticed that a main problem with getting people to join GiffGaff is that some people like Contract, it what they know and serves them just fine..

Surely A GiffGaff Contract would be the best thing since Sliced bread - obviously with the option of Pay as you go... still get points etc. for reffering somone did GiffGaff Contract. and If buying in Bulk GiffGaff could get the phones for a good price. ???

Comments
by giffgaff head-scratcher darrenpainter ‎11-01-2011 21:01 - edited ‎11-01-2011 21:02

giffgaff have stated on many occasions that they do not intend implementing contracts

see http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Submit-Great-giffgaff-Ideas/Contract-Idea/idi-p/22778

which is marked as a duplicate of

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Submit-Great-giffgaff-Ideas/Contract-Goodybag/idi-p/10251

which is marked as not suitable

by jcarrasco on ‎11-01-2011 21:02

The main point about Giffgaff is that there is no contracts it is Giffgaff unique selling point by keeping things simple

by giffgaff head-scratcher darrenpainter on ‎11-01-2011 21:03
by spider079 on ‎11-01-2011 21:03
Implementing contracts would put off many people. Giffgaff is supposed to be what the community wants
by dariocrosier on ‎11-01-2011 21:05

Okay ! but why should it be held back by its 'unique selling point' when its unique selling point could be the amazing deals you get on it !? I don't see why GiffGaff is so anti- Contract.

It would fulfill consumer needs

It would get GiffGaff more money - with which the could improve giffgaff

and in return the users would be happier...

It's a circle of happiness !

by stupiderlikeafox on ‎11-01-2011 21:14
It's not part of the business plan, and with good reason. Contracts, selling handsets etc bring more costs, more staff etc. In the end, GG would be indistinguishable from the main operators.
by tom_kitchen on ‎12-01-2011 19:05

It would be possible to have a sim only contract though alongside the pay as you go offer. It would just work like goodybags except Giffgaff would take the money out automatically, I'm sure some people would prefer that. And to me Giffgaffs selling point is the price, which would be unaffected by the use of contracts. Just my thoughts though.

by daveysludge on ‎12-01-2011 19:18

Contracts mean chasing payments, prepay means money up front...

by ouaisne on ‎13-01-2011 13:41

Contracts mean - ID checks, Credit Reference agency checks, setting up direct debits from your bank and putting your cross on the contract and sending it to giffgaff - way too expensive.

Announcements

Join us for Call of Duty

Labels
Idea Statuses
Weekly Poll
How much would you pay to unlock a phone?
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:5,614 members 2,445 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: