Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?
adamboutcher

GiffGaff Referral Links

by adamboutcher on ‎10-07-2010 03:36

How about making buttons / links to request a GiffGaff Sim card and say view information about GiffGaff that are referral links.

For example I could Tweet "Check out GiffGaff's prices" and a link (i.e. giffgaff.com?ref=adamboutcher) and that goes to the info and I get say 10points

Where as I could also put "request a GiffGaff Sim" and a link (i.e. giffgaff.com/sim?ref=adambouctcher) and that goes to the sim request page which could give me 50 points, also this could mean when the sim card is activated I would get the 500 points from that too.

This would allow for more Internet links on blogs, tweets, websites etc.

We have implemented this, and are testing it at the moment.
Comments
by vincent on ‎21-07-2010 15:59
Status changed to: Implemented
We have implemented this, and are testing it at the moment.
by adamboutcher on ‎06-08-2010 16:36

oh awesome. Thank you very much.

by vanburen on ‎10-08-2010 12:21

Is there an ETA on when this will be available?

by brradley on ‎10-08-2010 12:58
Soon. That's all we know.
by baldrick on ‎16-09-2010 18:28

Any news? Just thought of this idea but am glad someone else is on the case already!

by simmeon on ‎17-09-2010 00:09
referral links people avoid. it will turn spammy just watch.
by jonmd on ‎31-10-2010 14:42

There already seems to be an abuse of this check out cow.neodragon.net referral link: https://www.lolagrove.com/LeadGenerationPage.ashx?E=197&L=1167&P36=RSBFLP&AFF=khlo&UrlRef=http%3a%2f...

It look like it has copied whole sections of the giffgaff site from some months ago, including logos, etc. It must be a blatant breach of copyright, etc.

by vanburen on ‎31-10-2010 17:25

@jonmd

It looks like the link is through lolagrove.com, which appears to be a lead generation platform. 

If you click on the "Giff Gaff* " link in this MSE article, it takes you through to the same page at lolagrove.

This leads me to believe giffgaff has a relationship with lolagrove, and possibly set the page up themselves.

I'm sure giffgaff rep could advise if that's the case or not. 

Announcements

Labels
Idea Statuses
Weekly Poll
test poll - ignore me if you find me
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:4,826 members 4,082 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: