Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?
powderedtoastman

GiffGaff Youth

by powderedtoastman on ‎13-03-2012 17:07

Okay, maybe it's not such a snazzy name, but that can happen in the development process.

Basically, what I'm suggesting here is a section, similar to off-topic (i.e. without kudos), that is specifically for the teenagers of giffgaff. I'm aware there are a lot of us, since we're all cheapskates and giffgaff is the cheapest out there. Also, it'll hopefully be more tolerant with duplicates, mistakes, etc; as some standard giffgaff users aren't (imho).

In order to implement this, users can put an age in their giffgaff details, and then this section would appear on their community page. Obviously, it would also be open to educators and V.I.G.s, so that it isn't abused.

This idea could always be expanded, for example, you could have a section for the elderly that also possesses more tolerance.

What do you think? I'm happy to alter my idea as better solutions come up.

Comments
by topcop on ‎13-03-2012 17:08
Sounds good!
by khadj on ‎13-03-2012 17:09
errm not sure
by powderedtoastman on ‎13-03-2012 17:10

@khadj Why not?

by mgb2 on ‎13-03-2012 17:18

WHY?

whats so special / different that demands a sub-section of their own?

first it'll be kids

then it'll be girls

then boys

then oaps

etc etc etc

what you propose is actually EXCLUSIVE to a large part of the community, so won't happen for that reason.

I think you'll find most of the members are usually fine... we don't know how old / young other users are anyway, so it makes no odds.

by powderedtoastman on ‎13-03-2012 17:23

This is why:

"it'll hopefully be more tolerant with duplicates, mistakes, etc; as some standard giffgaff users aren't (imho)."

I'm saying this because teenagers are more likely to make mistakes, write duplicates etc. I'm speaking as one myself, so I should know.

Also, what would be wrong with a few sub-sections? Exclusivity is not a problem; I'm not suggesting that we abolish the current off-topic. It would also relieve other sections from topic overcrowding.

by mgb2 on ‎13-03-2012 17:36

so what's wrong with off-topic then?

no-one here actively goes out of their way to errrm bully anybody... If you say something wortwhile it's recognised as that... as I said yr age makes no odds.

how do you 'police' it? we've all heard about weirdo's on the web who pretend to be things they aren't...

there's plenty of sites out there that specifically cater to your age group.

this is a phone site before it's anything else.

still, I guess i'm being a bit old & out of touch... as you say, there are lots of younger users here, so lets see how the idea goes  :smileyhappy:

by rhys57haskell on ‎13-03-2012 17:47

Grate idear 

kudos for you

by sufta on ‎13-03-2012 18:18
i am not so happy with this since this would mean a reduction in privacy and teenagers might be looked as not being as trustworthy etc.
by solid247 on ‎13-03-2012 18:23
Im totally with MGB There is not a chance of youths having there own page it cannot be protected and if implimented it would attract the kind of people nobody wants Its a big big big NO Its a shame it cant happen but sorry noooooway guys
by ouaisne on ‎13-03-2012 19:23
Announcements

Labels
Idea Statuses
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:4,057 members 5,403 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: