Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?
morvin

Help in other languages

by morvin on ‎03-04-2012 09:38

Seen as we have Giffgaff members who cannot speak English, But need help in their own dialect. And from what we did last night.

See these two threads:

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Help-Ask-the-community-got-stuck/I-have-no-phone-line-which-in-the-...

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Join-Considering-giffgaff/Power-of-the-giffgaff-community-Why-there...

I am suggesting we create a subsection in Ask the Community, with a heading stating if you speak No English..Come here for help, or something along those lines.

I am sure If we make an announcement, We will find volunteers who already help on Giffgaff can speak different languages. So why not take advantage of that.

Thanks for reading.

Comments
by solid247 on ‎03-04-2012 11:17
by bluemoonbaz on ‎03-04-2012 11:55
good idea morvin mate its worth a try ..supported pms down so cant reply though
by inspiron42 on ‎03-04-2012 13:24
It is a great idea, but it really depends on the number of bilingual people you can find.
by gen on ‎03-04-2012 18:24

LOL, I was going to post this idea last night but was already in bed.  Beat me to it morvin.

I think it's a very good idea.  More business for giffgaff, and help for people who just want to talk to their loved ones without paying extortionate amounts of money as with other networks.

by smacha on ‎05-04-2012 16:37

Sign me up for this. I doubt there's that many people needing help in my 2nd language, but I'd be happy to help if there is.

by rlproper on ‎06-04-2012 01:01
I give this a cautious welcome. As long as we don't build unrealistic expectations. We can't promise the same speed of response if we are relying on a handful of posters. This doesn't mean "don't do it", just "word it carefully."
by soothsayer pinkcalculator on ‎06-04-2012 03:14
Phillip used google translator to post in Italian ( I think it was ) on fb a while ago so it can be done with that but far better to have somone who actually speaks the language as I am not sure how much I could trust a computer not to make some sort of gaffe either funny or insulting :smileysad:
Announcements

Labels
Idea Statuses
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:1,440 members 4,323 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: