Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?
revomutharock

I think giffgaff should offer higher giga-bags maybe something like 5GB 10GB and 15GB Giga-bags

by revomutharock ‎13-10-2011 03:01 - edited ‎13-10-2011 03:10

I was wondering why giffgaff didn't do higher GB Giga-bags for the higher user?

The price would mean that they would become uncompetitive. We estimate that a 10gb gigabag would retail at £20-£25 each. We also believe the market for 10gb+ gigabags would be extremely small and the more tariffs you have the more complicated things would become. Thank you for your idea and I look forward to your future contributions!
Comments
by mitchell2010 ‎13-10-2011 03:07 - edited ‎13-10-2011 03:15

good idea, i personally think giffgaff would have thought about this before releasing the GIGA-BAGS, and that theres a reason they kept it at 3GB,maybe because they dont want to enroll too many goodybags or that they think its enough, bit i would be 99% sure they thought about how much data to put into the GIGA-BAGS before releasing them to buy :smileyhappy:.

by cim on ‎13-10-2011 11:25

I think I read somewhere where gg stated that if everyone used all the data in the new gigabags, gg would lose money on them.

So for a larger gigabag which would presumably need to have a cheaper or same cost per MB as the 3GB product - well it seems likely that a 15GB product would get mostly used (otherwise why buy such a large data allowance) and therefore could cost gg money?

by megadieftw on ‎20-10-2011 22:25

Very good idea however I imagine how it wil lwork is this. They'll use the current gigbags, judge to see how many people go over, and by how much, and use this to gauge how much of a marktet there is in higher end ones :smileyhappy:

I'd be very surprised if they didn't do that.

But I think as they monitor usage so much, they'll probably intoroduce them asap if they become needed. :smileyhappy:

by subasht on ‎20-10-2011 22:56

give giffgaff few months, they'll iront out the plans if they feel that they need to.. giffgaff is always open to changes and new ideas after all..

by ouaisne on ‎21-10-2011 20:07

Perhaps they need to keep a bit of bandwidth for the rest of us to use!

by iceqntrider on ‎23-11-2011 09:13

I think the current gigabags are all well and good. Though in my opinion, they need one or two extra ones for the heavy data users.

I would like to see perhaps two, between 5GB and 10GB, or maybe even just 5GB and 7GB gigabags?

I will add my support to this idea, and keep my fingers crossed for the future...

Though, I get the feeling gigabags of this size are absent for a very good reason. In that, they don't want people to use anymore data than they already provide, by the very generous goodybag offers. :smileywink:

by ouaisne on ‎23-11-2011 13:18

It could be that they don't have the bandwidth to offer. More high usage customers may impact too much on the rest of us.

by pedromapnet on ‎06-12-2011 13:00

In my case I think giffgaff should have a better negotiator when buying bulk data allowance from above, aka re-distribuor bulk buys I assume, correct me if i am wrong...

by ouaisne on ‎06-12-2011 13:03

They probably have to deal with O2 who themselves are probably limited.

by smudgerfez on ‎06-12-2011 13:10
Perhaps most consumers only use small amounts of data and the market for huge goodybags with lot's of data doesn't exist to make it financially worthwhile?

I'm sure I read somewhere that the average user (on the big networks) will use between 300/400MB per month.
Announcements

4G Update

Labels
Idea Statuses
Weekly Poll
Are you aware of the #alltheboss campaign?
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:617 members 3,472 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: