Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?
revomutharock

I think giffgaff should offer higher giga-bags maybe something like 5GB 10GB and 15GB Giga-bags

by revomutharock ‎13-10-2011 03:01 - edited ‎13-10-2011 03:10

I was wondering why giffgaff didn't do higher GB Giga-bags for the higher user?

The price would mean that they would become uncompetitive. We estimate that a 10gb gigabag would retail at £20-£25 each. We also believe the market for 10gb+ gigabags would be extremely small and the more tariffs you have the more complicated things would become. Thank you for your idea and I look forward to your future contributions!
Comments
by cim on ‎13-10-2011 11:25

I think I read somewhere where gg stated that if everyone used all the data in the new gigabags, gg would lose money on them.

So for a larger gigabag which would presumably need to have a cheaper or same cost per MB as the 3GB product - well it seems likely that a 15GB product would get mostly used (otherwise why buy such a large data allowance) and therefore could cost gg money?

by iceqntrider on ‎23-11-2011 09:13

I think the current gigabags are all well and good. Though in my opinion, they need one or two extra ones for the heavy data users.

I would like to see perhaps two, between 5GB and 10GB, or maybe even just 5GB and 7GB gigabags?

I will add my support to this idea, and keep my fingers crossed for the future...

Though, I get the feeling gigabags of this size are absent for a very good reason. In that, they don't want people to use anymore data than they already provide, by the very generous goodybag offers. :smileywink:

by ouaisne on ‎23-11-2011 13:18

It could be that they don't have the bandwidth to offer. More high usage customers may impact too much on the rest of us.

by pedromapnet on ‎06-12-2011 13:00

In my case I think giffgaff should have a better negotiator when buying bulk data allowance from above, aka re-distribuor bulk buys I assume, correct me if i am wrong...

by ouaisne on ‎06-12-2011 13:03

They probably have to deal with O2 who themselves are probably limited.

by smudgerfez on ‎06-12-2011 13:10
Perhaps most consumers only use small amounts of data and the market for huge goodybags with lot's of data doesn't exist to make it financially worthwhile?

I'm sure I read somewhere that the average user (on the big networks) will use between 300/400MB per month.
by top_producer on ‎26-03-2013 15:04

I have used 1gb in 3 days. I want the 5gb at least. Please bring out a new goodybag !

john

by mutchy126 ‎15-06-2013 16:46 - edited ‎15-06-2013 16:46

I think this would be a great idea. I have considered buying a gigabag for my laptop but I don't know if 3GB will be enough. :smileysad:

by jlassocs on ‎06-09-2013 13:10

Thanks to @oldyorkie for pointing me here in the response to my suggestion (see http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Contribute-Innovation-Promotion/One-larger-Gigabag-Required/m-p/979... ..

It's two years on since the original idea was "not for us" and the market is shifting... Expecting a larger gigabag to be added to those available now, not necessarily for an especially low price either, just to accommodate the fact that people are more and more often wanting to use e.g. 5GB in a month even at the "£12.50 for 3GB" price, some purchasing a pair of SIMs and swapping back and forth as needed.

No doubt in the coming months and into 2014 we'll see data getting bigger in all walks of life...

Je.

by superdrive on ‎19-10-2013 00:13
I think there should be a 5GB gigabag for mobile broadband as 3GB is not alot of data
Announcements

Labels
Idea Statuses
Weekly Poll
How are you going to spend your payback?
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:4,733 members 3,725 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: