Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?
wman2

Improve link in New PM email

by wman2 on ‎22-02-2012 21:01

At the moment when you receive a PM, you are sent an email from giffgaff. However the link provided in the email to read your PM just sends you to the giffgaff Community home page. Now the message symbol is pretty small on the page so it is not obvious especially to newcomers where to click to read their new message. Sadly the idea of enlarging the message icon (even more as it is still too small) further has been rejected so I propose the next best thing.

Simply change the link in the email to either link to your PM inbox page (http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage) or else to link directly to the PM itself.

I think this would be useful because I have sent quite a few PMs to new people who have not actually read the PMs, and this is probably because they don't know how to. I have had one person PM me, not read the reply and about 3 days later reply to a message in a thread I had posted in saying that he didn't know how to read the PM. This could cost giffgaff customers as if they PM someone for help about, for instance, internet on their phone, and they don't think they have been replied to, they may move back to their original network as they think the service here is lousy.

Of course another option would be to include the full text of the PM in the email itself, but I seem to remember seeing this rejected elsewhere so I will let giffgaff decide on that one.

If you like this idea, please kudo it to support it. Thanks!

Comments
by olie122333 on ‎22-02-2012 21:06

This is a great idea, completely confused me the first time.

by wman2 on ‎22-02-2012 21:07

by wman2 on ‎22-02-2012 21:10

Eddnoon and ollie would you mind kudoing the idea then? Otherwise it won't get reviewed :smileysad:

Announcements

Labels
Idea Statuses
Weekly Poll
How are you going to spend your payback?
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:6,003 members 5,661 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: