Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?
ewill

Internet Switch

by ewill on ‎07-11-2010 00:47
After the 1st December I think there may be some problems. Unortunately new smart phones, especially the iPhone, use data without even asking the user or having an option to disable it. What this means is that iPhone users will be paying for Internet try don't want.<br><br>The easiest solution could be a switch in the dashboard, like the text confirmation &amp; balance switch, and would simply place an Internet bar, or disable it. I doubt it would be a source of Frustating questions in the forum - simply set it automatically off and only users who know why they're doing will fond themselves with it set up. Ideally, Id prefer to have a free Internet allowance each month for light users, say 50-100mb, but i think that you should choose one of these two to implement, so that users aren't left paying money for things they don't necessarily want after 1/12<br><br>btw, changing the apn wouldn't work - besides being a hassle, there is still gsm and GPRS networks which continue to work with incorrect settings, and contacting the giffgaff staff is unreasonable, too much load and difficult to switch from time to time
This is a little outdated with previous events since Dec 2010.
Comments
by callumacrae on ‎07-11-2010 12:16

It's a weird idea, iPhones just wouldn't work without the internet.

~Callum

by rlproper on ‎31-01-2011 20:51
I have just bought a nokia 5228 and put settings in so many places that I realise I still don't fully understand the phone. I have a goodybag at the moment but I would welcome a simple switch to disable Internet on my giffgaff page. It might not be standard with other operators but then we could be market leaders and get publicity as a company that really does listen to what customers ask for. It would also be useful if setting up a phone for a child or elderly person (who either doesn't require or isn't permitted to use internet) and not having to have great phone know how to pull it off. This is an old idea now. Has it been taken for consideration? is there any feedback?
by giffgaff Educator on ‎27-08-2011 12:02
Status changed to: Not For Us
This is a little outdated with previous events since Dec 2010.
Announcements

Join us for Call of Duty

Labels
Idea Statuses
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:5,784 members 2,588 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: