Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?
headcell

List Activation Codes and Activated SIMs under My Recruits

by headcell on ‎08-03-2011 22:28

In the My Recruits section of my account, I would like to see an option to see a list of the Activation Codes of the SIMs I have ordered together with the 'status' of the SIM cards, the date they were activated, and the number of points the activation has earned me.

For example:

A2NTLZ - Activated 24/02/2011 - 500 points

A2NYHU - Activated 27/02/2011 - 200 points

A2NTMD - Not Activated

A3XKHJ - Not activated

Please see below comments :smileyhappy:
Comments
by marvel andy0 marvel on ‎08-03-2011 23:31

Most of that information is already there - all except the activation code, which as pointed out above can't be indexed to the order anyway, and there's no reason to give them to the referrer either

by headcell on ‎09-03-2011 09:03

The activation codes are supposed to be linked to our accounts, so showing the codes should not be a major issue. The codes have to be linked to accounts BEFORE they are sent, otherwise there is no way of knowing who to give points to.

If you receive the incorrect SIMs, as happened to me, then knowing what the correct Activation Codes are will help iron out any problems.

You can activate the SIMs yourself already - just create another account and activate. Quite pointless, really, but I'm sure someone will be doing it already.

by marvel andy0 marvel on ‎09-03-2011 13:27

Ok, I misworded that a bit, and you're of course right about the tracking. But even so I don't think there's a strong reason to give the code.

by jackiechanman on ‎21-08-2011 12:02

I think this idea would be incredibly useful! :smileyvery-happy: (almost posted it myself before searching!)

Its a similar idea to jamesd2010 (http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Submit-Great-giffgaff-Ideas/The-giffgaff-SIM-Checker/idi-p/1303353).  :smileyhappy:

This idea really needs more attention! :smileyvery-happy:

by giffgaff Educator on ‎29-08-2011 15:23
Status changed to: Not For Us
Please see below comments :smileyhappy:
by franglais on ‎03-07-2013 11:35

hazel22, why was the status changed to 'Not for us'?  The comments below do not explain anything (just some people who do not understand the use), and there was no comment from a giffgaff staffer.  Like others said, it WOULD be useful.  I have a sim card here and I don't know if it was one my girlfriend ordered or I ordered.  I want to give to my Dad.  Not a huge deal for me, a bigger deal for people who order lots of sim cards!

Announcements

Join us for Call of Duty

Labels
Idea Statuses
Weekly Poll
Do you believe in ghosts?
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:5,706 members 4,415 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: