Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?
tobybell

Low credit warning

by tobybell on ‎09-04-2010 23:56

It would be good to have a voice prompt of a low credit (User configurable on the "My Giffgaff" page) when calling out, so when you have, say £2 of credit (Or whatever the user has set), when you try and make a call "Just so you know, your calling credit is getting a bit low, you only have £2 (Current balance) left, Just dial "Whatever" to top-up, whenever you are ready"

Hey folks, we've implemented another Idea for Exhaust Messages, which means you'll receive a message when you have no credit. Because of this feature, we won't be looking to implement this variation of a low credit warning. Kind regards, Hazel.
Comments
by jamie on ‎12-04-2010 18:09

Would be good if you could controlle this in your giffgaff part of the account ??? Any one elce think the same e?

by auntyvi on ‎13-03-2012 10:59

I have just asked for the same thing, I searched but didn't find your message!

Ideally it should be optional (switch on and off via your settings, like the regular balance reminders are now), perhaps with an option to select at what point you want to be notified, as some people are higher/lower users than others - so some might want to know at £3 remaining, I personally would be happy with a notification when I get to just 50p or so as I'm a low user.

I would suggest a text or pop-up notification once that level of credit is reached, rather than an audible message when making the call.

If that wasn't possible, at the VERY least it should be possible to get a notification when your credit has totally run out - at the moment, I don't get anything, so end up wondering why my text won't send or call won't connect. until I realise that's why.

The balance reminders you can get currently after every call or text are no substitute, as these are very intrusive/annoying so I think many people would rather have no alert than these, but would still much prefer to be able to opt in to just a low-credit alert instead.  (I found with the current alerts, they would block any further text messages from arriving until I had closed the alert, which was VERY frustrating!).

Auto top-up isn't really a perfect alternative either, especially with the current limit set to £3.  I use less than £5 of credit per month (plus lots of free calls/texts!), so it's annoying to have to have £3 of credit that would effectively never get used.  I would rather be able to run it right down to less than a pound, but know when to top up to avoid it actually running out.

Pretty please?

by adrianjhood on ‎12-05-2012 14:56

I think a user configurable notice when your minutes reach a certain threshold would be massively useful. Checking how many minutes I have left, so I don't run out, is one of the main reasons I check my account. Knowing I would be notified when reaching a certain threshold would make the service much more efficient in my opinion.

Thanks to the original poster.

by beechdavid_96 on ‎01-07-2012 14:18

I think this would be a good idea and help with users who forget about thier credit

tobybell wrote:

It would be good to have a voice prompt of a low credit (User configurable on the "My Giffgaff" page) when calling out, so when you have, say £2 of credit (Or whatever the user has set), when you try and make a call "Just so you know, your calling credit is getting a bit low, you only have £2 (Current balance) left, Just dial "Whatever" to top-up, whenever you are ready"

by alistina on ‎04-07-2012 11:52

I agree with this idea! I know we get a notification at the END of a call, but what use is that if you aren't aware that you only have 2 minutes left of free conversation. A simple beep in the ear would be useful to indicate low minutes remaining and to bring the conversation to an end!

by stephenmiller on ‎03-08-2012 22:47
Status changed to: Under Consideration
Hi! We're still excited to do this idea, but it's not quite in the routemaster at the moment - when it is, we'll update this idea to 'Coming Soon', have a nice day and thank you for contributing to the Ideas Board!
by giffgaff Educator on ‎04-12-2013 15:54
Status changed to: Not For Us
Hey folks, we've implemented another Idea for Exhaust Messages, which means you'll receive a message when you have no credit. Because of this feature, we won't be looking to implement this variation of a low credit warning. Kind regards, Hazel.
Announcements

Join us for Call of Duty

Labels
Idea Statuses
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:5,982 members 5,407 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: