Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?
tobybell

Low credit warning

by tobybell on ‎09-04-2010 23:56

It would be good to have a voice prompt of a low credit (User configurable on the "My Giffgaff" page) when calling out, so when you have, say £2 of credit (Or whatever the user has set), when you try and make a call "Just so you know, your calling credit is getting a bit low, you only have £2 (Current balance) left, Just dial "Whatever" to top-up, whenever you are ready"

Hey folks, we've implemented another Idea for Exhaust Messages, which means you'll receive a message when you have no credit. Because of this feature, we won't be looking to implement this variation of a low credit warning. Kind regards, Hazel.
Comments
by marvel andy0 marvel ‎10-04-2010 14:46 - edited ‎10-04-2010 14:48

At the moment you get a pop-up message about your balance after each call or text.

Some people would like the option to disable this, but if it eventually becomes optional then leaving it on would fulfil this function anyway.

I suspect a pre-call announcement as described would risk annoying some people even more. As a perhaps more extreme example, I know someone who would rather pay 20 or 50 pence a minute for certain international calls than use a callthrough service at a penny or two and have to tolerate announcements like please wait or connecting for a few seconds

by jamie on ‎12-04-2010 18:09

Would be good if you could controlle this in your giffgaff part of the account ??? Any one elce think the same e?

by vincent on ‎27-05-2010 11:55
Status changed to: We’re Looking Into It
We would like more feedback to see if this is a feature people would like to see implemented.
by geekonthepc on ‎27-05-2010 12:02

Love the idea.

by mhoobag1 graduate on ‎27-05-2010 12:15

Sorry I dont like the idea. I already receive a message at the end of every call that I would love to switch off as it annoys me.  I know how to get my balance if needed and I dont need constant reminders like a little child.   All I want to do sometimes is make a very very quick call and not have to sit through announcements.

by aks782 on ‎03-06-2010 18:29

ohhh, this would drive me up the wall!!   :smileytongue:

definately agree with toby, in that it should be optional 

by ivinsp governor on ‎03-06-2010 18:33

I used to have this o2 and found it annoying!

by danielscott on ‎03-06-2010 18:35

This would be very annoying. If this does get implemented please have an option to turn it off. There is no reason for this anyway because you can turn auto top up on to make sure your not without credit or not cut off on an important phone call.

by samlowe on ‎04-12-2010 21:02

Like on O2, when your ringing out and your balance is under whatever it says "Your balance is low" quite usefull I think, maybe GiffGaff should install it to their systems?

by salaah01 on ‎22-01-2011 12:13

I really like the idea, t-mobile have a similar system, its more like what I have explained on

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Submit-Great-giffgaff-Ideas/Nearly-out-of-credit-message/idc-p/3449...

It does not have a voice over saying that your low on credit, instead you get a message, this option could be added to the "Balance notification" sections, check the link for more detail.

Announcements

Join us for Call of Duty

Labels
Idea Statuses
Weekly Poll
test poll - ignore me if you find me
How much would you pay to unlock a phone?
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:4,861 members 1,064 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: