Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?
0 Kudos
lisafone

Loyalty Bonus

by lisafone on ‎19-04-2012 13:56

As we all know the mobile market is really competitive.

To ensure GiffGaff retention how about a yearly loyalty bonus paid on the anniversary of joining.

It could work out that each member gets 5% back on what they have spent.

i.e. yearly spend £100 so the member gets £5 back.

It could be paid like the payback.

This way it encourages people to stay all the yera and also the more they spend the bigger payback they get back.....

Sorry but similar ideas have been suggested and a variant on this idea

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Submit-Great-giffgaff-Ideas/Bonus-For-Members/idi-p/22781

We've already implemented several ways in which to earn bonus. One is by participating in the community. Two is by sending out emails to your friends, recommending giffgaff. And three is by giving a sim to your friends and getting them to sign up as well. At the moment, we feel this is sufficient.

Comments
by kennylancs on ‎19-04-2012 14:04
You have got more chance of knitting fog.
by lisafone on ‎19-04-2012 14:10

As they always say if you dont ask u dont get lol

:-)

lets hope it gets up to 10 kudos to at least be looked at lol

by oldyorkie on ‎19-04-2012 14:14

Payback that is received every 6 months is retention enough don't you think??

Other networks give nothing so gg is already head and shoulder above the rest in this regard.

sheez .... some people are never satisfied ...

by bevlive on ‎19-04-2012 14:38

I know that orange and o2 do things like this, but let's face facts here, i've got over £200 of payback coming to me when they next pay out, no chance id get anywhere near that with other networks.

I kind of think your loyalty is rewarded for using the community enough.

by lisafone ‎19-04-2012 14:41 - edited ‎19-04-2012 14:41

but there will be some mebers who dont have time or dont want to use the community. Probably the ones who are more likely to leave and move around in search of other offers....

by oldyorkie ‎19-04-2012 14:50 - edited ‎19-04-2012 14:51

The tarrifs on their own are better value than other offers .... the payback facility is widely advertised, as well as the member's own referral links for gaining payback via recruiting.

At the end of the day, there will always be people who think that the grass is greener on the other side ..... trouble is when they get to the other side .... the grass looks greener on the other side :smileytongue:

If they're gonna leave, then they're gonna leave...giffgaff isn't (and doesn't profess to be) for everyone.

edit>>>> spelling

by lisafone on ‎19-04-2012 14:54

good point................... was just an idea  :-)

by clearbluesky on ‎19-04-2012 15:45

people would still leave right after getting the bonus the same as i've seen people leave right after payback time as if they have waited to go.

by bertiebat ‎19-04-2012 19:07 - edited ‎19-04-2012 19:14
Status changed to: Idea Vault

Sorry but similar ideas have been suggested and a variant on this idea

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Submit-Great-giffgaff-Ideas/Bonus-For-Members/idi-p/22781

We've already implemented several ways in which to earn bonus. One is by participating in the community. Two is by sending out emails to your friends, recommending giffgaff. And three is by giving a sim to your friends and getting them to sign up as well. At the moment, we feel this is sufficient.

by bertiebat on ‎19-04-2012 19:14

@lisafone if you could please search before posting ideas it would be helpful as many ideas have already been thought of before  :smileyhappy:

If you need further help on this then a read of this guide should be useful. http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Learn-giffgaff-Top-Tips/How-to-use-the-idea-board/m-p/2738213#M2818...

Announcements

Labels
Idea Statuses
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:4,178 members 4,862 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: