Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?
stephenmiller

Modify the swear filter

by stephenmiller on ‎17-12-2011 19:28

As you have undoubtably seen when a swear word is detected it is replaced with a **bleep**. Now I think this is unsightly and suggest that we replace the **bleep** with something much more pleasant, I propose twpo options, the first is to use a smiley emoticon instead i=of te offending word. Observe

Giffgaff is completely **bleep** and all you **bleep**ers are **bleep**

Becomes

Giffgaff is completely :smileyhappy: and all you :smileyhappy:ers are :smileyhappy:

Which is much nicer :smileyhappy:

Another possibility is to replace the offending word with a much nicer word like buttercup or snowflake, as the swear filter is just a bunch of macros a different word can be allocated to each offending word.

Hope you like my idea

Close enough to this one to be a duplicate I think :smileyhappy:

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Submit-Great-giffgaff-Ideas/Use-quot-GiffGaff-quot-as-the-swear-wor...

which is under consideration :smileyhappy:

Comments
by jackiechanman on ‎18-12-2011 22:49
How about making the replacements seasonal? :smileyhappy: so now it's Christmas time, swear words could be replaced by words like 'snowflake', 'bauble' and 'Christmas tree'. Or spring could be things like 'daffodils' and 'rabbits' :smileyhappy:
by bertiebat ‎18-12-2011 23:21 - edited ‎18-12-2011 23:25

@jackiechanman I was thinking on the same lines as I quite like this alternative to the original idea and if the change could be made to make it changeable then it would be good. :smileyhappy:

I'm going to add this idea to the original so that it might be considered.

by nicki29392 on ‎19-12-2011 16:54

It's really true how the **bleep** thing actually makes the post seem a bit aggressive to be honest :/ anything to make the posts look a bit more positive with the smilies :smileyhappy: it would also make it not as obvious that these people were using swear words or offensive words. Just looks like they like using lots of :smileyhappy:

by stephenmiller on ‎19-12-2011 23:34

Rather amazingly this idea only had 4 kudos before it was marked as a duplicate and has gotten an extra 10 since, I don't understand that.

by welshdragon92 on ‎20-12-2011 05:05
+1 I like this :-)
Announcements

Join us for Call of Duty

Labels
Idea Statuses
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:4,130 members 1,774 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: