Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?
llyamah

Move The Accepted Solution to the Top of the Page

by llyamah ‎22-01-2012 10:13 - edited ‎23-01-2012 14:52

A pretty simple idea, but one that eminated from a lot of discussion on this thread and my reply on page 9.

Any post that has been marked as the 'accepted solution' should be moved to the top of the page, just underneath the OPs post.  This has several benefits:

1) It encourages people to write well thought out answers, rather than one word or shorter replies that are not of as much value.

2) Where one word replies are all that are needed (and may therefore be marked as the accepted solution), they stay at the top of the page.

3) Anyone coming to the thread late or via the search facility will see the accepted solution straight away (without having to click a link that takes them to it).

Simples really...!

EDIT: When I proposed this idea, I should have said 'copied' to the top, rather than 'moved' to the top, for reasons provided by fellow giffgaffers in the comments below.

We really liked talking about this idea, however at the moment, we feel that the link to the solution is enough for members to be able to find it and this change will not be made while other tasks need to be addressed.
Comments
by drlatheef ‎22-01-2012 18:29 - edited ‎22-01-2012 18:52
by andreww on ‎22-01-2012 19:07
Hmmm - this has suddenly become an odd situation.

It is a duplicate - thanks for the link driatheef - of : http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Submit-Great-giffgaff-Ideas/Automatic-Thread-re-organisation/idi-p/...

Which got no kudo back in November. This one has over 10 kudos so will get looked at. Unless I mark it as a duplicate then it won't. But then neither will the original :smileysurprised:

I just need to double check this one. It probably will turn out to be a duplicate I'm afraid, but let me get a second opinion first.
by drlatheef on ‎22-01-2012 19:09

Is GG up for transferring kudos?

by andreww on ‎22-01-2012 19:13
Nice idea :smileyhappy:. Don't think they will driatheef. I'm getting a 2nd opinion and will post here again soon.....so watch this space :smileywink:
by drlatheef on ‎22-01-2012 19:19

Okay, thanks for the shout, always worth  a shot!

by trueriver on ‎22-01-2012 19:32

totally agree

by brulaw on ‎22-01-2012 20:29

Excellent idea , If it is a duplicate It's still worthwhile .... :smileyhappy:

by llyamah on ‎22-01-2012 21:36

Hey guys.  I agree that this does duplicate an element of the other idea, however for me it is clear that the other idea has gained no support because it suggests organising posts so that  those with the highest amount of kudos appear in a certain order.  I imagine that people are not keen on that element.  I would suggest that people kudos the original idea, however it would be going a step further and supporting something a little different.

In short, I'd argue that my idea is not a duplicate of the other idea, but rather a slimmed down (and suitably different) version of that idea.

by andreww on ‎22-01-2012 21:47
Well there are some differences - so if you say it's not a duplicate, llyamah, I'll have to believe you, I suppose :smileyhappy:
by andreww on ‎22-01-2012 21:50
And in the interests of fair play, I will support both ideas :smileyhappy:
Announcements

Join us for Call of Duty

Labels
Idea Statuses
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:4,439 members 1,665 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: