Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?
jonreeve

New Goodybag idea - aimed at deaf people

by jonreeve on ‎08-10-2011 22:08

Hi, I am deaf and there is a gap in the Goodybag market aimed at deaf people who use their mobile only for texting but also for unlimited internet access - ie, they do not make any calls whatsoever. Is there scope to offer a unlimited texts & internet Goodybag only for say £7.50/£8.00?

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Submit-Great-giffgaff-Ideas/GoodyBag-for-those-of-us-who-don-t-spea... Both ideas invovle less/no calling minutes and also the explanation about pricing is relevant to this idea :smileyhappy: 

Comments
by mo2011 on ‎08-10-2011 22:34

that is a good idea if gg did that they would be the bomb

by jfcdave on ‎08-10-2011 22:37

£7.50 would be a good price for this, and I'm sure it'd be useful to more than just deaf people. Then again from the business perspective they probably don't want to offer unlimited data under £10, but a 1GB allowance for £7.50 would do most people.

by jonreeve on ‎08-10-2011 22:55

It's very hard to find a suitable tariff as a deaf person. I cannot use my phone to make and take calls because I cannot hear on it. I want something that still allows me to text and go on the internet though but at a competitive price. I use the £10 Goodybag but my minutes go wasted every month. They never get used. As someone said, Giffgaff could link up with the RNID and call it the RNID Goodybag or something. I think they'd attract a significant customer base of a special group of people.

I accept non-deaf people would be attracted to such a Goodybag as well but as long as Giffgaff feel they can price it suitably under £10, I think it would be very popular.

by leighp on ‎08-10-2011 23:53

jonreeve i agree totally myself being half deaf i totally understand im learning to sign at momentjust incase i need it

by megadieftw on ‎09-10-2011 15:36

Really nice idea, but I'm not sure giffgaff would be able to do it since they've looked at text and internet only goodybags before. Internet being so expensive, they've mentioned many times that its not vialble to put it in a cheaper goodybag. We do now have gigbags that are just internet, and this is as close as you'll get i think.

Besides if you dont call, and you need text and internet, maybe just get a gigbag and use online texting from your phone, or maybe get a smart phone that can run skype so you can text from that cheaper?

by duddriks on ‎09-10-2011 16:14
I dont call either due to disability so am interested in this
by jonreeve on ‎09-10-2011 20:39

@ megadieftw

The 249 mins must have a cost to Giffgaff if they're being used - therefore this saving could come off the £10 Goodybag. And I'd be interested to see the average internet usage for those on unlimited internet. I'd be surprised if they couldn't get near the £8 mark taking that into consideration.

It's always frustrated me that no one seems to think about deaf people. Mobile phones are an absolute godsend to us, enabling us to stay in touch with people. Many of us can't use phones as we may lipread. Before mobile phones - when I was at university - my mother would go three months in-between holiday time before hearing from me!

by megadieftw on ‎09-10-2011 22:08

@jonreeve

i don't in any way disagree that its a good idea and a worthy one, but I don't know that they can achieve it. its not a case of do they want to, its a case of them making a loss so not being able to do it.

I hate that this is the way the world works, profit drivne to the point of inhumanity, but sadly thas currently the case :/

trust me, i do empathise.

by claddyburn on ‎10-10-2011 01:23

Good suggestion but............. as said previously everything comes at a price!

What do other networks offer that are tailored towards deaf members needs?

by arobba on ‎10-10-2011 10:49

@ megadieftw

"profit drivne to the point of inhumanity,"

A bit melodramatic surely, we're only talking about goodybags :smileywink:

Unlimited data for under a tenner isn't feasible but, as someone mentioned, something along the lines of unlimited texts + 500mb-1Gb of data from around £7.50 should be doable.

How about it GG?

Announcements

Join us for Call of Duty

Labels
Idea Statuses
Weekly Poll
test poll - ignore me if you find me
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:3,594 members 633 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: