Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?
rudolf

Offer insensitive to mark as solution

by rudolf on ‎24-04-2012 23:42

I had a wee search and found not a lot so hopefully this hasn't been suggested before...

Basically I'm tired of seeing answered threads not with a green tick next to them. My idea is that you offer the user asking the question maybe 50 points for marking as a correct solution. A notice could also be put at the top of the thread for the OP stating, "To gain 50 points please, choose the best answer as the right solution."

Admittedly the problem you could face is people just posting questions to get points, but I don't think many people would try and play the system this way (it would take ages to get a decent amount of points) but it could quite easily be monitored and obvious if it did happen.

Lets me know what ya all think

Comments
by hamishlaw on ‎25-04-2012 14:24

Yeah no chance people would game th system - not here anyway where we are all angels :smileytongue:

by wyatt_earp on ‎25-04-2012 15:16

I think this would encourage gaming.

by hcovell on ‎25-04-2012 16:36

I love the idea however - - - -

its kind of like giffgaff are paying the OP to increase the amount gg have to pay everyone else - doesn't really make sense from their poiknt of view

however it sounds good to me...maybe it could be less i.e. 20

by tjommo on ‎25-04-2012 17:50

People would play this - 20 solutions = £10

That is too easy!

by ryaneberry on ‎25-04-2012 18:26
This would be asking for gaming! How about the other way round, if the OP has a question unmarked, they loose 50 points?
by tim74 on ‎25-04-2012 21:43

This is a really bad idea and people would spend all day thinking of daft things to ask so they could accumulate marking solution points.

by tjommo on ‎25-04-2012 22:31

Tim - I don't think its 'really bad'. Thats a bit negative ain't it?

by solidi on ‎26-04-2012 08:42
I think it would be better to send a reminder email or SMS to the OP asking them of it was resolved and to mark a solution. The email could link to the query, that way it wouldn't matter if the post has dropped off the first page or two. It would be a "help us to help others with the right answer" email.
by jon_grose on ‎30-04-2012 12:36

I liek this idea. But i just feel that too many people will see this as a chance to earn easy points. They could easily post a question and get theirs m8's to post an answer just so the person who posted the question can accept as solution and get points, and vise versa.

If there was a way in stopping people from doing this, then i feel this may be a gd idea.

by stephenmiller on ‎03-08-2012 22:34
Status changed to: Idea Vault
The members have spoken and unfortunately this isn't what they're looking for right now. We love ideas so don't be disheartened, try again - we look forward to it! - http://giff.ly/fromggtoyou
Announcements

Join us for Call of Duty

Labels
Idea Statuses
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:5,443 members 3,403 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: