Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?
aks782

Order a GoodyBag and apply credit via text

by aks782 ‎16-04-2010 20:35 - edited ‎21-04-2010 18:45

I think it would be nice if we could order a GoodyBag or apply credit via text

I'll explain scenario, today i wanted the £5/month GoodyBag but really did not want to log on to my laptop [cos its sooo slow], so could have just texted "£5 Goodybag" to a GG phone number, [if your credit card details are saved online] they then in a text back ask me to confirm what i am buying and then apply the respective goodybag/credit to my account. Then if i wanted credit i could have texted "£5 credit".

Just an idea, leave your comments or if you like it Kudos the idea

please note: i added the "apply credit" idea  from the response from 'geekonthepc'. So many thanks to him/her

This, as well as a few other interactions via text are on the radar of Member Experience for 2014. There needs to be a few more discussions and prioritisation sessions to figure out which projects make the top of the pile, but this Idea is a contender. We'll let you know if it makes the cut in its current form.
Comments
by geekonthepc on ‎16-04-2010 20:37

The title got me. Yes this would be mega handy.

Same for credit would be nice

by vincent on ‎22-04-2010 14:45
Status changed to: Working On It
Hi all, this 'accepted status' is two-fold. 1) We are looking into the ability to top up via text (with a registered card). But it would only be topping up money, not a goodybag. 2) Should we have implemented text top up, the goodybag itself could then be 'purchased' with the credit you've just topped up via text, by going into an IVR (press 1 to do....) and changing your credit to a goodybag.
by sloz mainframe R us on ‎24-04-2010 08:30
By going into a IVR? Whats that vincent
by vincent on ‎12-05-2010 16:05

IVR stand for Interactive Voice Response. Basically it means you get an automated phone system which says, press 1 to top up with a voucher code, press two to top up with a credit card, etc. etc. etc.

by soldiers33 on ‎08-06-2010 18:54
kl, how long till it gets implemented, its been since april now and nothing
by mattyi85 on ‎13-06-2010 13:31

great idea would certainly help out loads to be able to call n buy a goodybag or even send a txt from your mobile would make it alot simpler and easier rather than coming online :smileyhappy:

by mena on ‎22-09-2010 12:53

Was thinking it would be a great idea if you can buy a goodybag via text. Save hassle and very convenient!

e.g text goodybag10 to buy the £10 goodybag from exisitng balance or from your saved debit card.

PLEASE GIVE KUDOS TO VOTE THIS IDEA HIGH!!!!

by chreisner2 on ‎22-09-2010 12:54

Nice!!! Great idea would save time!!!!

by sulz on ‎22-09-2010 12:57

Voted hot ++++++++++ I like it!

by aks782 on ‎22-09-2010 13:00

I suggested this a while back, check out giffgaff's response

Announcements

Join us for Call of Duty

Labels
Idea Statuses
Weekly Poll
How much would you pay to unlock a phone?
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:3,671 members 679 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: