Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?
joshaw

'Our Offer' Redesign

by joshaw ‎15-04-2012 15:49 - edited ‎15-04-2012 15:54

The Our Offer page is the starting point for new customers to find out about giffgaff's (lets face it) amazing prices and deals. The fact of the matter is, people probably visit the Our Offer page several times before clicking that 'order a sim' button (there are plenty of them). I also visit this page every so often to check about things im unsure about.

The Problem:

The current Our Offer page (the first tab on the giffgaff site) is literally the most unpleasant page on the entire site in terms of design and appeal, whilst at the same time being the most important page on the entire site. Basically It needs changing and it's important it gets changed soon.

The Soloution:

Iv created a graphic based concept to replace the current Our offer page. See below for the image.

Click here to see a full size version

giffgaff our offerm.png

The changes:

• A new fresh and eye appealing design. The new looks has better quality graphics with a wider range of colours, clear columns and a spatial and strategic layout.
  • A strategic layout puts important and best selling products and features first by ranking them on a top-to-bottom basis and through the visual space used by those products and features on the page.
  • Has everything the current Our offer page has, and more. The addition of 'giffgaff to giffgaff' area aswell as more network comparisons and a direct 'ask the community' link.
  • More buttons, more info. This page is the gateway to other pages on specific products and several links on this page aim to do that. 
  • A better focus on 'you'. Texts and language used implies a better focus on members, or in other words 'you'.

The Logic:

• More views and a better understanding. The page is eye appealing and people will not only need to visit the page, they will also want to visit the page. More views equal more members and a better education of giffgaff's prices, tariff's and offers.
  • Easier links. The buttons stand out and give better and more visible links to important pages for people looking for that information. Its important potential new members visiting the site find it easy to navigate around information.
  • Better comparisons. Its important to convince people that giffgaff beats other big mobile networks on price (because it does).
  • Gives a better personal and visual impression of giffgaff to the viewers of the page. A better impression of giffgaff through this page may influence the persons choice to click that 'order a sim' button.
  • Anything is better than the current Our Offer page...

If you like the idea and feel the our offer page should be redesigned, please support this idea.

Thanks,

Josh

Hey! We've implemented some design features which were inspired by this amazing designs - to make them more in line with our current style guide. Thank you for contributing to the board - your amazing artwork is always appreciated ^_^
Comments
by drlatheef on ‎28-04-2012 23:19

Looks absolitely fresh and clean! I still don't know why Giffgaff haven't recruited you for website designer? Your absolutely great at it!

by victor1990 on ‎03-05-2012 11:23

Great redesign - I would perhaps make the 'more about goodybags' a bit clearer - possibly by putting it under the goodybags image rather than in the column on the right.

I think one of the major problems with the current 'our offer' section is that the goodybags and gigabags are split across 2 separate pages, and it's difficult to switch between the two.

by theworm on ‎04-05-2012 02:32

I like the current page, I like this page. In my oppinion you don't need the payg box at all Maybe just a line saying no contracts or Pay as you go somwhere as the other info is repeated underneath(call/text prices). I would like to see uk coverage link advertising its on O2 and feel the payback box is a little too large. lastly like others mentioned a  more comprehensive list of goddy and gigga bags. I like the black with white text that giffgaff uses I think it looks modern and fresh. The text/links also stand out better for me, not like the white with black that most basic/simple websites adopt.

Ps. I think vodafone now charges 35p a min not 25p

by martinwallis on ‎16-05-2012 09:32

I think it's very dangerous mentioning goodybags and gigabags in the same section as you mention tethering, people will automatically assume that they can tether on a goodybag, they will not read the fine print under each bag. They should be in 2 separate sections like the PAYG and BlackBerry boxes are to avoid confusion.

Also @theworm I disagree about the PAYG comment, I believe PAYG should be mentioned more prominantly, for 2 reasons.

1. It is the cheapest PAYG around
  2. People may think they have to buy a goodybag and then decide that it would not be a good deal for them
by amfxc on ‎31-05-2012 13:20

I like it but I don't love it. I think the prices on the goodybags need to be bigger since first time viewers of GiffGaff will really want to make sure they can get unl data and texts with 250minutes for only £10!

by giffgaff Educator on ‎03-08-2012 22:45
Status changed to: Working On It
We like it a lot and although it doesn't fit 100% with our brand styleguide, we will be using some elements of it for our next 'Our offer' redesign.
by giffgaff Educator on ‎11-12-2012 15:26
Status changed to: Implemented
Hey! We've implemented some design features which were inspired by this amazing designs - to make them more in line with our current style guide. Thank you for contributing to the board - your amazing artwork is always appreciated ^_^
Announcements

Join us for Call of Duty

Labels
Idea Statuses
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:6,618 members 3,276 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: