Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?
rochessel

Reinstate O2 shops lifting giffgaff adult restrictions

by rochessel on ‎26-02-2012 14:49
Not everyone feels comfortable typing in their passport details or driving licence over the net or to giffgaff.<br><br>Popping into your local O2 shop may have been the safer option.<br>I have also noticed many people seem to be struggling when they do actually try to type in their details that the system is just not accepting it!<br>And getting an agent to help is not always that easy! So having the option to stroll in your local O2 shop was a good option for many.<br><br>Please consider reinstating this :smileywink:
Unfortunately we can't - we're two separate entities and we don't have the capability to ask this of a different company, Thanks for contributing to the Ideas Board :smileyhappy: I look forward to seeing your future ideas!
Comments
by allan1954 marvel on ‎26-02-2012 16:44
but when o2 sorted adult content lock it was because we were telling them lies saying on o 2 not gg.i tried once in the o2 shop said i was on gg can you remove the lock the answer no go to gg.
by solid247 on ‎26-02-2012 17:29
I think it great idea which if /when suggested to o2 they can only be crazy not to accept , lets face it every time a giffgaff member walks in the shop to get the content bar lifted It a potential customer !! And as giffgaff does not sell phones and o2 do (i believe ) i cant see them saying no :smileyhappy:
by solid247 ‎26-02-2012 17:58 - edited ‎26-02-2012 18:03
Just to emphasis what oldyorkie says > Think we need to support this as much as possible and give some ammunition to be taken to the negotiating tables. If o2 want gg to succeed (which you would have thought they do....) then surely this is a must??? All the ammunition needed is o2 need customers through there door and we are customers PAYG customers we may not buy there tariffs or call there customers services O2 are missing a big oppertunity to use this to there advantage .... By getting giffgaffers into there shops .... Thats all a good salesperson needs ...giffgaffers buy phones .. Why would o2 say no to a potential customer ?? And to me that how it should be propossed
by gypsy on ‎26-02-2012 18:54

O2 stop it not giffgaff.

by darkrage ‎26-02-2012 19:32 - edited ‎26-02-2012 19:38

if this (o2/gg) is like where I work then the mvno will be paying a monthly fee to o2 telefonica and probably run the business at a slight loss on paper and have o2 telefonica guarantee to keep from bankruptcy to get tax relief as a whole.  i think i have said previously that all monies will tend to be inhouse anyway so it wont matter what gg pay to o2 as it will end up in o2 telefonicas books as profit.

my company always runs a loss but the mother company is making billions at year end.

by rochessel on ‎26-02-2012 22:30
End of the day it's beneficial to gg which is the whole point and I can't really see why O2 would mind being paid to provide this service for gg! :smileywink:
by rochessel on ‎26-02-2012 22:34
Telling lies? Lol
by darkrage on ‎27-02-2012 09:22
Its not telling lies it all above board o2 telefonica can charge a nominal fee for gg to be on their network and for aby services provided. Other ways to keep money in house is to charge large amounts for custom parts in a production environment anyway does it really cost £200 including shipping for a wrench lol there are lots of ways to keep money ln house.
by tim74 on ‎27-02-2012 14:02

if they reinstated the giffgaff numbers into the o2 system it would probably restart things like priority moments costing them money again.

by marvel andy0 marvel on ‎27-02-2012 14:13

I don't see how anyone can demand O2 restart something it may have removed after discovery it was inadvertently providing it. It makes some products and facilities available to customers of any network, but isn't obliged to do so.

Announcements

Labels
Idea Statuses
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:4,618 members 6,339 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: