Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?
ruballard

Remove my duplicate idea

by ruballard on ‎14-04-2012 23:05 - last edited on ‎04-08-2012 16:58 by giffgaff Educator

Allow original poster to remove idea when it is determined to be a duplicate. Sorry if this is a duplicate.

Sorry but this is a variant on this idea 

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Submit-Great-giffgaff-Ideas/Ability-to-delete-posts-or-idea-suggest...

This is not suitable for giffgaff as we'd like to keep track of all ideas and comments. If we give people the ability to delete their own topics and ideas, it would mean the comments on these disappear as well. Hence you give people the ability to moderate what others are saying. You can edit your own posts however, which should sort out most of your issues.

Comments
by mikehall94 ‎14-04-2012 23:13 - edited ‎14-04-2012 23:15

Nice tongue-in-cheek idea there! :smileytongue: I understand your frustration- you can't seem to write any idea without someone digging out an ancient, slightly related idea and claiming yours is a duplicate of it. And getting told off for not searching...when you did! That's annoying too! My recent idea: http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Submit-Great-giffgaff-Ideas/Forum-rules-guidelines/idi-p/3775323 was initially marked as a duplicate, but I disputed the decision and it was changed. So sometimes, you just need to explain that you think your idea's unique, and not actually the same as the "Duplicate" they've dug up!

Mike

by bertiebat ‎14-04-2012 23:13 - edited ‎14-04-2012 23:30
Status changed to: Idea Vault

Sorry but this is a variant on this idea 

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Submit-Great-giffgaff-Ideas/Ability-to-delete-posts-or-idea-suggest...

This is not suitable for giffgaff as we'd like to keep track of all ideas and comments. If we give people the ability to delete their own topics and ideas, it would mean the comments on these disappear as well. Hence you give people the ability to moderate what others are saying. You can edit your own posts however, which should sort out most of your issues.

by mikehall94 on ‎14-04-2012 23:19

You couldn't make it up! :smileyvery-happy:

by ruballard on ‎14-04-2012 23:20
The original post linked is a little different. If an idea is a duplicate then gg should not need to retain it. Allowing members to remove their post when they agree it is a duplicate should help everyone.
by ruballard ‎14-04-2012 23:23 - edited ‎14-04-2012 23:24
This would also allow the original idea to receive all the kudos and not the duplicate.
by mgb2 on ‎14-04-2012 23:23

the point about retaining & recording is valid... what if i called you a ****ing ****, ****ing **** cos i didn't like it?

every post gets recorded.

simples.

sometimes they will be removed from public view for something like the above, but the record remains.

by mikehall94 on ‎14-04-2012 23:23

I agree, if it's been marked as a duplicate, it's obviously been seen by someone high up in the community or an educator, so shouldn't be anything awful. The option to remove a post when it has been marked as a duplicate would clean up the ideas section and kudos for duplicates would be removed (which is somehting some members are trying to do anyway).

Mike

by ruballard ‎14-04-2012 23:25 - edited ‎14-04-2012 23:27
Records of abusive comments should indeed be retained. But do duplicate ideas need to be available for all?
by mgb2 on ‎14-04-2012 23:27

you can't go removing the ideas tho... it throws all the statistics about number of posts out... also lots of comment can earn kudos too... (regardless of the status of the idea).

by mikehall94 on ‎14-04-2012 23:28

Maybe the "Delete idea post" button could actually mean "Remove this idea from public view"? This way, we'd consider the post removed, but it would still be on record. Simples.

Announcements

Join us for Call of Duty

Labels
Idea Statuses
Weekly Poll
test poll - ignore me if you find me
How much would you pay to unlock a phone?
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:4 members 474 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: