Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?
s_morris

Replacement SIM

by s_morris on ‎21-11-2011 13:45

it seems from spending a lot of time on the help board that a lot of people who are losing SIMs and ordering replacement SIMs are recieving the replacement SIMs barred. They dont realise then and go on to activate it and top-up. They realise they cant make calls or txts and not knowing why this is happening the go onto the help board and seek an answer. Would it not make sense to send replacement SIMs unbarred. Maybe i'm missing the reason why the replacement SIMs come barred but if there is some security or privacy issue then they should at least be informed that:   'Upon arrival of your sim, before topping up, make sure to ask an agent to unbarr it.' Or then they buy a goodybag get frustrated that they can't use their free minutes and calls as its getting closer to the expiry date and then maybe the agent is able to give them back a few days of the goodybag but it will just add another thing for the agents to do on top of the pile of work they already seem to be drowning in.

Hope you see sense in my idea!!!

thnx for reading!!!!!!!!

A replacement sim bar comes off automatically when you activate the sim - this sometimes doesn't happen but is supposed to.
Comments
by dan_the_man on ‎23-11-2011 23:14

I have just received my replacement SIM today - put in the 6 digit sim code - activeated in about 20 seconds. I didn't have to top-up either. 

So YES - the bar is set to automatically lift when you activate it, if it DOESN'T then you have to ask an agent to tell them the activation has got stuck. 

I ordered the replacement sim on Sat 19th. So the activation problems last week were over for those ordering replacement from at least Sat onwards. Do feel sorry for those who got stuck. :smileysad:

by nednats on ‎26-11-2011 00:58

after a month of waiting my firend ported out

Announcements

Labels
Idea Statuses
Weekly Poll
test poll - ignore me if you find me
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:4,486 members 4,289 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: