Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?
bertiebat

SIM gg contacts - include *100*7#

by bertiebat ‎29-02-2012 16:19 - edited ‎04-03-2012 19:52

Simple idea but can giffgaff make a change to the contacts that are pre-loaded on the SIM and include the goodybag balance short code  *100*7# .  For new customers it would also highlight this useful facility exists 

Current contacts

gg get balance - *100# 

gg top-up        - 43430

gg voicemail    - 443

giffgaff calling   - +447709195773

I propose that the 'giffgaff calling' contact is simply removed (it's never used to my knowledge and when dialled it comes up with a 'this number is not recognised' message).   I just think it's misleading and confusing to have it as a contact.

This then leaves a vacant slot for the goodybag balance to be included.

Proposed contacts:

gg credit bal    - *100# 

gg gdybag bal - *100*7# (or goodybag bal but that might be too long)

gg top-up        - 43430

gg voicemail    - 443

Further Proposals to contacts:

Edited: Andy0 has commented that it would be useful to allow the pre-loaded contacts in future SIMs to be amendable which would then allow further useful contacts to be included (the user can then remove or change the ones they don't want if required).  This would allow the inclusion of gg to gg expiry   - *100*1#  and maybe *100*5# codes and any further one that may be created in the future. :smileyhappy:

So simple idea and I'm really surprised this hasn't been suggested before. :smileyhappy:

[INTERNAL] Thanks for the great idea Bertie, I just need to chase within the company now if this is happening and I'll get back to you! Thanks again.
Comments
by giffgaff_1 on ‎29-02-2012 16:24
Just save to your contacts yourself if you need that number
by bertiebat on ‎29-02-2012 16:28

@giffgaff_1 well yes of course you can do that but for new people using the system this would be worth having as an existing contact already pre-programmed.  

They wouldn't then have to find out that there is such a number to do this in the first place so I really think it is a more friendly way of doing things. :smileyhappy:

by solid247 on ‎29-02-2012 16:30
Simple ones r the best ones And gets my kudo as its very handy :smileyhappy:
by giffstaff on ‎29-02-2012 16:39
by bertiebat ‎29-02-2012 16:50 - edited ‎29-02-2012 17:12

@giffstaff no that's not the same idea as that was requesting that the giffgaff phone number was copied onto the SIM as a contact.

This is simply a change to the pre-programmed standard numbers which are referred to in giffgaff's reply. :smileyhappy:

by ryaneberry on ‎29-02-2012 17:09

well you get my support bertiebat! kudos for you :smileywink:

by bertiebat on ‎29-02-2012 17:13

Cheers solid247 and ryaneberry :smileyvery-happy:

by idrisdragon on ‎29-02-2012 17:30

sounds like a good idea.

by solid247 on ‎29-02-2012 18:30
Im not to sure about it been duplicate as that idea was marked as duplicate by darran on the grounds that the proposed idea already had the balance included on the sim Khairul makes this point further down the post that the balance number was not included But unfortunatly ignored as it was already maked as a duplicated So im saying this is a original idea
by giffgaff head-scratcher darrenpainter on ‎29-02-2012 18:39
The idea referred to was marked duplicate in good faith as it was talking about balance and other options that already existed rather than increasing the number of options available. As pointed out by andy0 the sims are protected on those sim slots, so it might not be possible to reprogram over the air and could result in a need to reissue sim cards, so this idea could only really be applied to new issues cards.
Announcements

Join us for Call of Duty

Labels
Idea Statuses
Weekly Poll
test poll - ignore me if you find me
How much would you pay to unlock a phone?
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:3,645 members 510 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: