Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?
bertiebat

SIM gg contacts - include *100*7#

by bertiebat ‎29-02-2012 16:19 - edited ‎04-03-2012 19:52

Simple idea but can giffgaff make a change to the contacts that are pre-loaded on the SIM and include the goodybag balance short code  *100*7# .  For new customers it would also highlight this useful facility exists 

Current contacts

gg get balance - *100# 

gg top-up        - 43430

gg voicemail    - 443

giffgaff calling   - +447709195773

I propose that the 'giffgaff calling' contact is simply removed (it's never used to my knowledge and when dialled it comes up with a 'this number is not recognised' message).   I just think it's misleading and confusing to have it as a contact.

This then leaves a vacant slot for the goodybag balance to be included.

Proposed contacts:

gg credit bal    - *100# 

gg gdybag bal - *100*7# (or goodybag bal but that might be too long)

gg top-up        - 43430

gg voicemail    - 443

Further Proposals to contacts:

Edited: Andy0 has commented that it would be useful to allow the pre-loaded contacts in future SIMs to be amendable which would then allow further useful contacts to be included (the user can then remove or change the ones they don't want if required).  This would allow the inclusion of gg to gg expiry   - *100*1#  and maybe *100*5# codes and any further one that may be created in the future. :smileyhappy:

So simple idea and I'm really surprised this hasn't been suggested before. :smileyhappy:

[INTERNAL] Thanks for the great idea Bertie, I just need to chase within the company now if this is happening and I'll get back to you! Thanks again.
Comments
by giffgaff_1 on ‎29-02-2012 16:24
Just save to your contacts yourself if you need that number
by bertiebat on ‎29-02-2012 16:28

@giffgaff_1 well yes of course you can do that but for new people using the system this would be worth having as an existing contact already pre-programmed.  

They wouldn't then have to find out that there is such a number to do this in the first place so I really think it is a more friendly way of doing things. :smileyhappy:

by solid247 on ‎29-02-2012 16:30
Simple ones r the best ones And gets my kudo as its very handy :smileyhappy:
by giffstaff on ‎29-02-2012 16:39
by bertiebat ‎29-02-2012 16:50 - edited ‎29-02-2012 17:12

@giffstaff no that's not the same idea as that was requesting that the giffgaff phone number was copied onto the SIM as a contact.

This is simply a change to the pre-programmed standard numbers which are referred to in giffgaff's reply. :smileyhappy:

by bertiebat on ‎01-03-2012 18:24

@oldyorkie thanks for the support and I did have a think about including *100*5# but it only applies to the Hokey Cokey goodybag (on the others it returns 0 for unlimited which tends to confuse a few people anyway).  This code is included in the response to *100*7# anyway so it still informs people of this short code.  

The other factor is that there is a limit of 100 contacts on the SIM so my idea isn't changing the number of contacts being used up for this (these contacts cannot be deleted from the SIM). 

by marvel andy0 marvel on ‎02-03-2012 05:16

I think it makes more sense to have this than the redundant giffgaff calling number, which occasionally people who have been called by giffgaff have said wasn't used anyway.

I wonder if at the same time the SIM programming could be slightly altered so some of the memory entries are not write-protected, then more could be included and people could delete the ones they decide they don't need.

by mappjh on ‎02-03-2012 14:50

Definitely a good idea.  It would save us having to tell people the number on the forums.

by david72817281 on ‎04-03-2012 08:38
Just put the number in yourself
by bertiebat on ‎04-03-2012 18:29

@david72817281 and if you don't even know that such a useful number even exists, what then?  Also do you really think that it's a good idea to have a completely redundant and potentially confusing 'giffgaff calling' contact then?

@Andy0 yes changing the contacts to become amendable/deletable so that the number of contacts could be expanded seems to be a worthwhile point.   Then if further useful short codes come along they could also be included. :smileyhappy:

Announcements

Join us for Call of Duty

Labels
Idea Statuses
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:3,983 members 951 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: