Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?
0 Kudos
joepowell3

Send pre-activated SIMs

by joepowell3 on ‎02-10-2010 12:49

I’ve heard people say that they have ordered SIM cards for their friends but their friends don’t bother activating them. :smileymad:

If there was an option to pay for credit with a voucher before the SIM is sent out, I think this would eliminate this problem. There could be a box on the ‘Order more SIMs’ screen saying “Type your 16-digit voucher code here to activate your SIM before we send it to you. (optional)”

I have already considered the potential problem with this idea: “What if the SIM doesn’t arrive? Do I just lose my £10 voucher?” Keeping this in mind, there could be another box under “Type your 16-digit voucher code here to activate your SIM before we send it to you.” This box can be for a password which you need to type in to fully activate your SIM. This means that if the SIM gets lost in the post, the person who finds it can’t get your tenner! If you don’t receive your SIM you can tick a box saying “SIM not received”, so giffgaff can cancel the original SIM and send you another SIM using the same voucher to put your £10 on.

I apologise if I have rambled on a bit, but I just wanted to show that I think I have found a way of making this idea work! :smileyhappy:

Please give kudos if you like the idea.

Hi all, Sorry but we won't be doing this. We've tried doing this before and it didn't really work. We got a lot of feedback back then from people who really did not like this. So we won't be turning back now seeing as the way it has been set up now works very well.
Comments
by brradley on ‎02-10-2010 12:52
This is a bit too confusing. Surely you could just order sims (send them to yourself), activate by topping up yourself, then send them to friends?

I think what you're suggestion would over complicate the system.
by shevahart69 on ‎02-10-2010 17:03

I'm sure this is how gg used to operate. You had to top up before a sim was sent out.. 

by nutellajunkie on ‎03-10-2010 08:44

Please keep it as it is..

sure some people dont activate, but really, thats their loss. Tough!

by vincent on ‎22-10-2010 13:28
Status changed to: Not For Us
Hi all, Sorry but we won't be doing this. We've tried doing this before and it didn't really work. We got a lot of feedback back then from people who really did not like this. So we won't be turning back now seeing as the way it has been set up now works very well.
by aandms on ‎16-12-2010 12:40
Would save wasting sims
Announcements

Labels
Idea Statuses
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:4,302 members 5,088 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: