Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?
highlandpanther1990

Simplify Community page with graphic interface

by highlandpanther1990 on ‎28-01-2012 23:27

This may not be a big deal but I find that most pages on the giffgaff website follow a clean graphical look apart from the community page. I have done a mock up of a possible solution.

06/05/2012 Hi - this idea is still Not Suitable for us but would be subject to review if the members give this more support of another 50 Kudos "We feel that this reduces some of the features of the current layout. Although aesthetically pleasing, we don't want to confuse members by switching styles to the message boards when they click on any of these buttons." - (81)
Comments
by giffgaff; ergo sum bonusball on ‎28-01-2012 23:34

This looks realy good, kudos to you.

by giffgaff head-scratcher darrenpainter on ‎28-01-2012 23:36
Whilst it is clean and attractive, it is less functional as you don't see the recent topics or posts, and in addition, the community pages are not actually standard web pages, but are components within the lithium software, which wouldn't offer the customisation required to deliver this
by marvel andy0 marvel on ‎13-02-2012 16:00

Anyone who feels strongly about this could look into finding someone who can design that page with shortcut links to the relevant giffgaff boards and then host it somewhere.

Although there is a point that smartphone users might like the buttons or icons look, it's also true that images use a lot more data than text, and the mobile version of the giffgaff forum is more minimalist than the main.

by megadieftw on ‎23-02-2012 21:31

Sounds really really cool but I guess the ppint mae by giffgaff makes sense. Though i have to say, I don't think newbies would be confused for long by it, they'd soon get used to it surely?

by maketeanotwar on ‎26-02-2012 14:34

Personally, I prefer this design to the current community page. I don't think it looks confusing at all...

by giffgaff Educator on ‎06-05-2012 18:27
Status changed to: Not For Us
06/05/2012 Hi - this idea is still Not Suitable for us but would be subject to review if the members give this more support of another 50 Kudos "We feel that this reduces some of the features of the current layout. Although aesthetically pleasing, we don't want to confuse members by switching styles to the message boards when they click on any of these buttons." - (81)
by think_of_tomoro ‎05-08-2012 23:47 - edited ‎05-08-2012 23:47
I love the look of this idea, it looks very clear and ordered yet appealing which is great! I don't think it would cause issues or confusion with navigation or usability of the community as it looks very simple to use and provides everything people need as well as ummary images of each board
Announcements

Join us for Call of Duty

Labels
Idea Statuses
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:4,245 members 796 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: