Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?
jackiechanman

Splitting Up the Help:Got Stuck? Section

by jackiechanman on ‎30-06-2011 20:51

Well basically I think the help section of the forum,as amazing as it is, needs splitting up into two (or three) sections to make it easier to use and reduce clutter.

Currently you click on the help section and you get anything and everything that people need help with, which can be very frustrating for someone looking for/to help. 

My idea is to split the help section into sub-sections such as 'giffgaff service' and 'Techincal: My phone isn't working'  so that it is easier to navigate around.

Obviously, better, more relevant names could be used but I think it would make a lot of sense as I often go onto the help section and feel that it would be so much easier (and appealing) if I could pick what I wanted to look at.

A pretty major flaw in this idea (to try and avoid comments on it) is that a lot of issues could come under several areas so it would be hard to choose which one to post in, I think this could be overcome with the right naming of the section or sorting of the issues.

Right now we are happy with how the forum is laid out - thank you for your idea and I look forward to your future ones :smileyhappy:
Comments
by wman2 on ‎30-06-2011 20:56

Could be useful, but I forsee a lot of users just posting in the first category they see rather than thinking about it (there's already enough thread moving as it is)

by jackiechanman on ‎30-06-2011 21:05

Ah,wman2, that is an excellent point you made there! I cant really think of any way to avoid that to be honest :smileytongue: I suppose it would benifit the person posting because they could get more relevant responses quicker! :smileyhappy: (shouldve put that in my original idea :/ )

by human on ‎30-06-2011 21:22

You can always use the search function to find solutions to your problems :smileywink:

by subasht on ‎30-06-2011 21:52

good suggestion, a well thought one,

however i feel the giffgaff forum is already crowded with too many sections.. giffgaff should decrease the sections not increase them.. 

by victor1990 on ‎30-06-2011 22:33

It would be very useful to have a separate section for broken phone issues. This could be further split into models/manufacturers (e.g. Nokia, Samsung etc) - good idea!

by sdargue on ‎30-06-2011 22:43

I've been thinking this too!
It is a bit cluttered at the moment. Sections would encourage more people to help out and seem less intimidating

by therugbyhonke on ‎03-07-2011 13:20

It could work, though, as wman2 said, lots of people post in the wrong places (I have done it once or twice!). So this could cause more problems than it solves :\

by giffgaff Educator on ‎27-08-2011 11:49
Status changed to: Not For Us
Right now we are happy with how the forum is laid out - thank you for your idea and I look forward to your future ones :smileyhappy:
by jackiechanman on ‎27-08-2011 11:53

I had forgotten about this idea to be honest :smileytongue: I can see some quite split feedback now I've reread it :smileyvery-happy:

by sdargue on ‎17-09-2011 18:31

Definitely should be done

Announcements

Join us for Call of Duty

Labels
Idea Statuses
Weekly Poll
test poll - ignore me if you find me
How much would you pay to unlock a phone?
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:4 members 1,054 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: