Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?
bertiebat

Strike through option on text

by bertiebat ‎19-04-2012 15:36 - edited ‎19-04-2012 15:57

Not the biggest of ideas but a needed one I feel. There used to be a strike through option on text which seems to have disappeared a while ago and subsequent lithium releases don't seem to have corrected this (so it doesn't seem to be a bug as such).

Problem

When you have made a mistake in a reply and want to correct it so as not to cause confusion, the only options now are to delete the reply or change it (which can be misinterpreted as trying to cover up a mistake).

Solution

The strike through option is a useful way to show the previous answer has been corrected and allow the correct information to be given.   It should be easy to get it back as it used to be an option.

Example:

You get 350 inclusive mins on the £10 goodybag

Edited to this:

You get 350 inclusive mins on the £10 goodybag

Correction: that's 250 inclusive mins on the £10 goodybag.

PS.  I had to use HTML to get the strike through on this (all credit to stephenmiller on showing me how :smileyhappy:)

As As7861 has said, this has now been implemented :smileyhappy:
Comments
by giffgaff head-scratcher darrenpainter on ‎19-04-2012 15:38

It should be fixable, as when Craig recently fixed my issue regarding 40000 characters being the limit on a post, I found my strikethrough began working

by latheef on ‎19-04-2012 15:39

Great idea- I was always wondering how other users do this but it would be very useful to have it back. 

by giffgaff; ergo sum bonusball on ‎19-04-2012 15:39

Yes I think this should be put back as an edit option.

by soothsayer pinkcalculator on ‎19-04-2012 15:41
Lol then I won't be able to hide my worst typos :smileysad:
by miden23 on ‎19-04-2012 15:41

Yeah i agree it makes you look guilty when you want to not show misinformation otherwise.

by bradders989 on ‎19-04-2012 15:43
I agree but should be options too
by seer philiplittle40 on ‎19-04-2012 16:22

I have really missed this functionality and wholeheartedly support this idea. Often want to edit a post for spelling errors etc but would like to leave original text so others can see I am not gaming the system (posting short answer and then filling in the info later)

by oldyorkie on ‎19-04-2012 16:40

Kudos No. 10 given ... already said how much this is missed in the original thread.

To have to delete text rather than strikeout actually takes away from the post imho ... sometimes the OP needs to see what has been changed, rather than have to look for what's been deleted

by craig_t on ‎19-04-2012 16:45

Aloha,

We'll need to ask Lithium about this I think.

As, we can see it on certain permission levels.

If everyone had it before, and now doesn't, that might suggest some kind of Lithium change.

We'll raise and shout with what we get back with.

--craig

by bertiebat on ‎19-04-2012 16:50

@craig_t thanks for that as it was very useful especially on the help boards so if we could get this back it would be much appreciated. :smileyhappy:

Announcements

Labels
Idea Statuses
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:4,223 members 6,805 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: