Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?
bertiebat

Strike through option on text

by bertiebat ‎19-04-2012 15:36 - edited ‎19-04-2012 15:57

Not the biggest of ideas but a needed one I feel. There used to be a strike through option on text which seems to have disappeared a while ago and subsequent lithium releases don't seem to have corrected this (so it doesn't seem to be a bug as such).

Problem

When you have made a mistake in a reply and want to correct it so as not to cause confusion, the only options now are to delete the reply or change it (which can be misinterpreted as trying to cover up a mistake).

Solution

The strike through option is a useful way to show the previous answer has been corrected and allow the correct information to be given.   It should be easy to get it back as it used to be an option.

Example:

You get 350 inclusive mins on the £10 goodybag

Edited to this:

You get 350 inclusive mins on the £10 goodybag

Correction: that's 250 inclusive mins on the £10 goodybag.

PS.  I had to use HTML to get the strike through on this (all credit to stephenmiller on showing me how :smileyhappy:)

As As7861 has said, this has now been implemented :smileyhappy:
Comments
by giffgaff; ergo sum bonusball on ‎19-04-2012 15:39

Yes I think this should be put back as an edit option.

by oracle pinkcalculator on ‎19-04-2012 15:41
Lol then I won't be able to hide my worst typos :smileysad:
by miden23 on ‎19-04-2012 15:41

Yeah i agree it makes you look guilty when you want to not show misinformation otherwise.

by bradders989 on ‎19-04-2012 15:43
I agree but should be options too
by seer philiplittle40 on ‎19-04-2012 16:22

I have really missed this functionality and wholeheartedly support this idea. Often want to edit a post for spelling errors etc but would like to leave original text so others can see I am not gaming the system (posting short answer and then filling in the info later)

by u_ghafoor on ‎20-04-2012 01:05

I thought that bar had changed, I could just never figure out what when missing.

I have been using an online tool to do my strike-outs.

Same for all my advanced symbols pretty much.

by rlproper on ‎20-04-2012 08:28
Thank you for educating me. I am on the mobile forum though and can't see an option to change to HTML input.
by rlproper on ‎20-04-2012 08:29
I only intended for the first part of that to be struck through. I have more learning yet to do!
by megadieftw on ‎20-04-2012 10:48

Sounds awesome, good to hear we should be getting this back soon! Afterall forum etiquete is very important! :smileytongue:

by marvel andy0 marvel on ‎20-04-2012 12:31

rjproper wrote:

I only intended for the first part of that to be struck through. I have more learning yet to do!

a
You can't (or I can't) switch it off. You need to first type something in plain, and then left cursor back past it to the point of insertion.

I'm used to that because I also have to do that for quotes and copy and paste in the Opera browser on the PC. If anyone ever spots an extra letter after a quote I've put in one of my posts, like the a I've left here on purpose as an example, that will be because I forgotten to delete it again 

Announcements

Labels
Idea Statuses
Weekly Poll
How are you going to spend your payback?
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:6,323 members 4,601 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: