Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?
ttricky

Use "GiffGaff" as the swear word filter instead of **bleep**

by ttricky on ‎15-07-2011 13:36

My first idea suggestion, as a result of a recommendation. It's a silly idea, but simple nonetheless - use the word "GiffGaff" to replace profanity ( The original post ).

"Oh GiffGaff! You GiffGaffing Giff, you totally Gaffed up my car the other day when you Giffing Giffed the side of it with your GiffGaffing piece of Gaff car."

I think you get the picture :smileyhappy: I don't know how the current system works, whether you have different words for each specific swear word, or whether you have one blanket replacement for all words.

Either way, take it as it is - a fun suggestion that I don't think carries much weight but might make certain posts a bit fun to read (asuming, that is, that some members like to swear a lot in this forum - which I'm sure they don't because everyone here is oh-so-nice).

Hi guys, We have decided to change this to 'Not for us' as we feel that changing swear words to 'giffgaff' will confuse members, as it won't be clear that it has changed. Thanks for the suggestion, and keep coming with the great ideas.
Comments
by ashleyuk on ‎15-07-2011 13:40
Sounds like a good idea, brings abit of fun to the forum - even though the forumites shouldn't swear anyway' haha. :-)
by subasht on ‎15-07-2011 14:11

that's crazily witty of you..

by annafii on ‎15-07-2011 16:16

lmao, I love it. Would bring a touch of humour to anyone's angry rants, I must say.

by yoyo2 on ‎15-07-2011 16:38

I love it.This would make them feel so stupid.

by rachael_brighty on ‎15-07-2011 16:59

I think this is an awesome idea :smileyhappy:

by severian on ‎15-07-2011 17:03

Really like this idea, seen it in use on other forums. Can be confusing for newcomers but very funny :-)

by u_ghafoor on ‎15-07-2011 17:11

This would be more funny than the time one of the educators replaced every swear word from an angry customer with the word banana.

by therugbyhonke on ‎17-07-2011 16:37

Love it. I just love it. :smileyvery-happy:

by wollac11 on ‎18-07-2011 21:11

haha nice idea. Though you might have to place asterisk's around the substitutions or else it could be confusing because I reckon people say "giffgaff" quite a bit on the forums.

So instead of:

"Oh GiffGaff! You GiffGaffing Giff, you totally Gaffed up my car the other day when you Giffing Giffed the side of it with your GiffGaffing piece of Gaff car."

Do this:

"Oh *GiffGaff!* You *GiffGaffing* *Giff*, you totally *Gaffed* up my car the other day when you *Giffing* *Giffed* the side of it with your *GiffGaffing* piece of *Gaff* car."

Or at least something to indicate the words had been changed.

by samsams88 on ‎20-07-2011 00:51
Oh this sounds like a *giffgaff* hilarious *giffgaff* brilliant idea! *giffgaff* yeah! :smileyvery-happy:
Announcements

Labels
Idea Statuses
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:4,283 members 6,375 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: