Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?
tsrikanth12

Virtual Landline Alias Number

by tsrikanth12 on ‎17-10-2010 10:55

Since the incoming calls are expensive for those calling from landline, it would be nice if we could purchase a virtual landline alias number which would then forward the calls to the giffgaff mobile number.  The cost could be a monthly cost of 5 pounds per alias number.  This would make it easy for people to call those carrying mobile numbers.   Thoughts?

As it has had no kudos and negative feedback from the community we will be setting this idea as not suitable.
Comments
by kevvy57 on ‎17-10-2010 10:58

personally i am considering doing away with my land line

with 3 mobiles in house, all on giffgafff,  we will have a good mixture of minutes and texts availible

i can do most my internet stuff thru my phone

and i shall use a 3 or o2 dongle for laptop when needed

it's much more expensive to run a land line than a mobile these days

i think the land line will die a slow death

by jonmd on ‎17-10-2010 16:49

Not sure whether gg would want to deprive themselves of renenue for £5 monthly fee.

by andreww on ‎17-10-2010 16:53

Like kevvy57 above - we've tried to get rid of our landline. But Virgin media will then increase the TV package and broadband cost by more than the line rental cost. So we've kept it - but never use it! 

by bill scholar on ‎18-10-2010 09:40
Didn't O2 do this and kill it after about 8 weeks?
by vincent on ‎05-01-2011 14:37
Status changed to: Not For Us
As it has had no kudos and negative feedback from the community we will be setting this idea as not suitable.
by marvel andy0 marvel on ‎05-01-2011 16:09

For people who want to arrange this sort of tthing themselves,there are plenty of other providers.

In general, the monthly fee is less than that, and just per minute fees for the diversion to mobile

Announcements

Join us for Call of Duty

Labels
Idea Statuses
Weekly Poll
How much would you pay to unlock a phone?
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:5,872 members 3,071 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: