Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?
llyamah

Warning - Your Goodybag Lasts an Entire Month

by llyamah on ‎07-11-2011 16:13

"Warning: You have selected a goodybag that will last for an entire month and cannot be ended early.  You will not be able to start using another goodybag until this one expires on [DATE].  If you use your minutes/text allowance before this goodybag expires, you will need to pay standard PAYG rates until [DATE], at which point you may begin using a new goodybag.  If you think you will use your entire minutes allowance in much less than a month, you are advised to purchase a goodybag with a higher allowance.

Please tick to confirm you understand the above and press the 'Confirm' button if you wish to go ahead with your purchase."

Hopefully the above speaks volumes for itself, but my idea is that the above message should be displayed when someone purchases a goodybag - if not for every goodybag purchase, at least for the first time.

Too many times do people come on here and say "help I have used my inclusive minutes, how do I end my current goodybag so that a new one starts right away."

This would prevent so many newbies from making this mistake.

Whilst we appreciate you are thinking about the members and trying to give them a better service - we really feel that we make it very clear that your goody bag last an entire month and that this isn't a common mistake made. Thank you for your idea. :smileyhappy:
Comments
by drlatheef on ‎13-11-2011 19:03

Nice idea but shouldn't this be plastered up on the screen before they purchase the goodybag so that they can have second thoughts of buying a goodybag. 

by booster14 on ‎14-11-2011 21:19

I disagree with the whole goodybag for a month. stuff happens in life  that may make you have a lot of texts out of the ordinary , i for one think there should be a way to top up another goodybag if you have used the older one. 

Not really about newbies. just being allowed to  top up extra texts is a better deal for giff gaff as a whole as its all about money comming in

by llyamah on ‎15-11-2011 09:38

@booster14 - I understand what you are saying, but I would have to disagree with you.  Goodybags lasting only a month are part and parcel of why giffgaff can offer such fantastic rates on them - in a way, they rely on some people not using all of their allowance and some people using it too early - both of those people mean more profit for giffgaff.

If you think about it another way, when you go on a mobile phone contract and get 300 minutes per month, you have to pay extra for any minutes outside of your inclusive allowance.

It is just the way that these deals work.  IMO giffgaff rightly say that people need to take charge of their spending and select a goodybag that is going to meet their needs.  If I thought that I might have to use more minutes than the £10 bag offers me, I would evaluate whether on average it would be better for me to buy the £15 goodybag.

Whichever one of us is right, don't you think it would be better that people are warned that they only last a month so that there are no nasty surprises?

by giffgaff Educator on ‎21-11-2011 12:14
Status changed to: Not For Us
Whilst we appreciate you are thinking about the members and trying to give them a better service - we really feel that we make it very clear that your goody bag last an entire month and that this isn't a common mistake made. Thank you for your idea. :smileyhappy:
by llyamah on ‎25-11-2011 23:07
Thanks Hazel. I understand where giffgaff are coming from here and I agree - it is clear (to most) but I'd still say it cannot be regarded as 'uncommon'. Sure that the majority of new joiners realise, but there do seem to be a significant number of people who get it wrong - I must see a question on this every single day that I am on the forum.
Announcements

Join us for Call of Duty

Labels
Idea Statuses
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:4,862 members 1,188 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: