Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?
llyamah

Warning - Your Goodybag Lasts an Entire Month

by llyamah on ‎07-11-2011 16:13

"Warning: You have selected a goodybag that will last for an entire month and cannot be ended early.  You will not be able to start using another goodybag until this one expires on [DATE].  If you use your minutes/text allowance before this goodybag expires, you will need to pay standard PAYG rates until [DATE], at which point you may begin using a new goodybag.  If you think you will use your entire minutes allowance in much less than a month, you are advised to purchase a goodybag with a higher allowance.

Please tick to confirm you understand the above and press the 'Confirm' button if you wish to go ahead with your purchase."

Hopefully the above speaks volumes for itself, but my idea is that the above message should be displayed when someone purchases a goodybag - if not for every goodybag purchase, at least for the first time.

Too many times do people come on here and say "help I have used my inclusive minutes, how do I end my current goodybag so that a new one starts right away."

This would prevent so many newbies from making this mistake.

Whilst we appreciate you are thinking about the members and trying to give them a better service - we really feel that we make it very clear that your goody bag last an entire month and that this isn't a common mistake made. Thank you for your idea. :smileyhappy:
Comments
by giffgaff_1 on ‎07-11-2011 16:16
Yep i agree
by mr_mitch on ‎07-11-2011 16:16

not a bad idea

by tim1974 on ‎07-11-2011 16:16

It's a big negative sounding, probably would need rewording towards upselling to a bigger bag rather than frightening people off.

by llyamah on ‎07-11-2011 16:18
@tim1974, fair enough - I agree it is bad to convey this in a negative manner, but you get my drift :-)
by liamwli on ‎07-11-2011 16:21
This is actually a good idea!
by capnjohnny on ‎07-11-2011 20:35
Think it's a good idea, but agree that maybe it needs to be worded a little differently, perhaps including a link to a more expensive goodybag as an upsell
by llyamah on ‎07-11-2011 22:09

Thanks for the comments.  Hopefully this can gain a bit more support - please don't concentrate too much on the wording but more on the idea!

by ro on ‎07-11-2011 23:28
Good idea - but how about Giffgaff fixes the problem instead ;-)
by hugh1988 on ‎08-11-2011 01:34

Agree, but this should only appear the first time you buy a goodybag, not everytime.

by welshdragon92 on ‎08-11-2011 02:40
This is a great idea. :-)
Announcements

Labels
Idea Statuses
Weekly Poll
test poll - ignore me if you find me
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:4,837 members 4,336 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: