Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?
hamishlaw

Warnings For Abusing The System.

by hamishlaw on ‎10-11-2011 16:52

I suspect this or a variation of this idea has cropped up in the past but are giffgaff not missing a trick by not setting up an automated system for users when they have contravened one of the many T& C's for use before they are banned/their accounts are blocked. ?

This issue crops up on a regular basis with users either being penalised for excess data use, tethering, gaming the system, inappropriate behaviour on the forums, abuse of fellow giffgaffers, constantly posting duplicate threads without searching (last one was especially for myself) etc.

The point I struggle with is why is there not a more structured response to this issue whereby the culprits whether innocent or otherwise get a standard warning before being banned/blocked or yellow card then a red or even a three strike and you are out warning or something else other than a you have breached the T & C's cheerio ? Quite often when a user has fallen foul of the system it appears to be an innocent oversight, ignorance of the rules etc.

It just seems to me that as giffgaff markets itself largely on word of mouth recommendations and introductions it is not the optimum business approach to lose goodwill with some by adopting the current approach.

In case anyone thinks I am some wishy washy, sandal wearing,  animal loving liberal vegetarian you are wrong I just want to see the guilty punished not a lot of newbies who are feeling their way in the world of giffgaff.

Anyone want a hug ? :smileywink:

Comments
by mgb2 ‎10-11-2011 19:16 - edited ‎10-11-2011 19:18

It must also be said that tho i agree with the sentiment of warnings etc, that ignorance is no excuse. Ignorance of the law doesn't stand up in a court whereas you should hope that any commercial companies Ts&Cs would do.

nobody should be signing up to something they don't understand then moaning about it after the fact.

EDIT big hugs to all (except the abusers)

(that sounds so wrong!!!)

by dhealy639 on ‎11-11-2011 21:31
Yea itd like a hug!!
by davemanship on ‎11-05-2012 01:49

do people need to be banned at all. if its a downloading issue cant they peg the speeds back on abusers so they arnt taking all the bandwith.

i dont want to see a limit imposed as this would turn some people away

if you use your phone at night or off peak do you cause as much damage to the network as in the day peak times?

hamishlaw wrote:

I suspect this or a variation of this idea has cropped up in the past but are giffgaff not missing a trick by not setting up an automated system for users when they have contravened one of the many T& C's for use before they are banned/their accounts are blocked. ?

This issue crops up on a regular basis with users either being penalised for excess data use, tethering, gaming the system, inappropriate behaviour on the forums, abuse of fellow giffgaffers, constantly posting duplicate threads without searching (last one was especially for myself) etc.

The point I struggle with is why is there not a more structured response to this issue whereby the culprits whether innocent or otherwise get a standard warning before being banned/blocked or yellow card then a red or even a three strike and you are out warning or something else other than a you have breached the T & C's cheerio ? Quite often when a user has fallen foul of the system it appears to be an innocent oversight, ignorance of the rules etc.

It just seems to me that as giffgaff markets itself largely on word of mouth recommendations and introductions it is not the optimum business approach to lose goodwill with some by adopting the current approach.

In case anyone thinks I am some wishy washy, sandal wearing,  animal loving liberal vegetarian you are wrong I just want to see the guilty punished not a lot of newbies who are feeling their way in the world of giffgaff.

Anyone want a hug ? :smileywink:

warning first systm is surly the way to go then you can respond and argue your case, change your useage or risk getting blocked or speed pegged back

by supermuslim on ‎11-05-2012 01:53
All these options are currently being discussed by GG. Latest on this subject: http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Contribute-Innovation-Promotion/Unlimited-mobile-internet-We-need-G...
by giffgaff Educator on ‎25-06-2012 21:10
Status changed to: Implemented
Announcements

Join us for Call of Duty

Labels
Idea Statuses
Weekly Poll
Do you believe in ghosts?
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:5,762 members 4,297 guests