Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?
0 Kudos
cheepnetwork

auto topup text before topup is added

by cheepnetwork on ‎19-04-2012 16:34
I think it would be a good idea for GG to send customers a text when auto topup is about to add money to your phone example ( your balance has dropped below £3.00 we will add a topup shortly) this will help people make sure that there is enough money in a persons account for GG to add the money.
Hi cheep Im going to mark this as duplicate on the grounds that balance notifactions are already sent if enabled ....whether or not you have auto topup enabled or not notifactions are sent everytime u text or call .please also see vincents comments http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Submit-Great-giffgaff-Ideas/Balance-Notifications-only-when-balance... I
Comments
by maverick78 on ‎19-04-2012 16:43

Hmmmm well given gg doesn't know when your balance will drop below £3 which could happen over the course of a few seconds if you're sending multiple texts or days/weeks if you don't happen to use your phone, and as soon as it does it automatically charges your card and adds credit, there is no leeway as it currently stands to give you any notice. Lets say you have £3.05 and you send a text which takes you down to £2.99 as soon as this happens or shortly there after it will add credit to your account. Unless gg adds a delay and say only tops up the next day after your balance falls below £3 then there wouldn't be much point sending out a text. If your are in the situation where you can't be sure that you have sufficient funds at any time, then you should remove the auto-topup and add credit yourself so you know you have enough money, this is not gg's responsibility.

by cheepnetwork on ‎19-04-2012 17:02
umm I am not saying it is GGs problem it,s just a way of telling you that your balance has dropped and auto topup will kick in
by maverick78 on ‎19-04-2012 17:08

Sure I appreciate that, but in order for the notification to be useful, then there must be a period between gg notifying you and actually taking the money out of your account of say at least a couple of hours such that at the least someone can transfer funds into their account or go to the bank. But in reality you may not be able to do either at short notice so there would need to be a half or a full working day to make it work. Given the delay is almost non-existent at present, they would notify you and take the money at about the same time..... not much use really, it would be more a notice that they have taken money from your account than anything else! Much easier just to turn off auto top-up if you think it might cause you any problems.....

by cheepnetwork on ‎19-04-2012 18:05
ok
by ii on ‎19-04-2012 21:08

By the time the text has arrived you could be down to nothing if the text is supposed to be a warning.

by stephenmiller on ‎19-04-2012 21:16

Looking at it the whole point of auto top up is that you don't have to worry about it or do anything extra, otherwise you might as well top up yourself.

An area relating to auto top ups would be to get a text message if your top up didn't go through for whatever reason, does that happen now?

by solid247 on ‎19-04-2012 22:01
Well there is a method already in place , balance notifacation texts if u choose to enable this , maybe a woooohooo your £3 credits been added is sent on that ? Im not sure as i dont have auto top up , but it could be a way
by solid247 on ‎20-04-2012 11:16
Status changed to: Idea Vault
Hi cheep Im going to mark this as duplicate on the grounds that balance notifactions are already sent if enabled ....whether or not you have auto topup enabled or not notifactions are sent everytime u text or call .please also see vincents comments http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Submit-Great-giffgaff-Ideas/Balance-Notifications-only-when-balance... I
by solid247 on ‎20-04-2012 11:18
Announcements

Join us for Call of Duty

Labels
Idea Statuses
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:4,951 members 2,827 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: