Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?
jamie

giffgaff free skype!

by jamie on ‎18-05-2010 17:55

Hello ,

I beleave it would be a great idear if giffgaff could add skype some where along the lines . Abit like 3 have got ? It would be a great thing and it could bring more people over to giffgaff from 3.

( i mean free skype , not pay for skype like skype alredy offer.)

Comments
by vincent on ‎27-05-2010 10:10
Status changed to: Under Consideration
Skype on 3 is reliant on the handsets, which is something we can't do for obvious reasons. We are looking at other ways to implement this in the future however.
by giffgaff Educator on ‎06-05-2012 21:46
Status changed to: Under Consideration
Hi Jamie, this idea is still under future review, but I'll keep you posted when it hits our roadmap!
by marvel andy0 marvel ‎06-05-2012 22:06 - edited ‎06-05-2012 22:09

Whilst giffgaff might be able to do something with other providers, which has been mentioned on other threads, I wouldn't foresee it with Skype

However, although posts above indicate that both 3 and Skype seem to be happy, it is a potential loophole, which enables some people to have free use of a mobile platform without either of them making any money, and pay a separate provider for calls at much lower tariffs than either of theirs, even free, using a fraction of a penny worth of data per call.

by mary_r_t on ‎03-08-2012 22:02
Status changed to: Idea Vault
The members have spoken and unfortunately this isn't what they're looking for right now. We love ideas so don't be disheartened, try again - we look forward to it! - http://giff.ly/fromggtoyou
by giffgaff Educator on ‎09-01-2014 11:56
Status changed to: Idea Vault

by npkuin on ‎23-08-2014 23:53

I support the basic notion of this idea. Let me explain.

I mainly communicate using the internet. My phone calls are in the single digits each month. But I use Skype much more. Usually to dial in to teleconferences in the USA, or call friends in Holland. Gifgaf *could* consider connecting VoIP (Skype thing) and mobile / landline calls. It seems to me that this is especially true for the internationals (like me) who have friends and contacts everywhere. And routing a distant call over the internet is often much cheaper.  I would prefer to have a good service and pay for it, rather than rely on low bandwidth-low priority routing of calls. Right now I pay Skype I think £9.95/month, so that gives some baseline. 

Announcements

Join us for Call of Duty

Labels
Idea Statuses
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:6,624 members 4,430 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: