Submit: Great giffgaff Ideas

Looking for something?
samsams88

remove the font size button?

by samsams88 on ‎01-01-2012 21:22

im all for people personalising their replies with different fonts and colours but when it comes to size some people put them up over double the size of everyones elses and it just makes it a bit distracting (not to mention more scrolling for the rest of us!) would it be possible to take it off or is it a lithium thing we cant change?

Sam :smileyhappy:

If you see this and it's clearly distracting, please reports - the Educators always contact the member if it's ridiculous. But sometime's it's needed and sometimes it is freedom of choice.
Comments
by cricpk on ‎01-01-2012 21:25

Soory for disagreeing but personally i do not like the idea, unless if all posts are posted in a larger (e.g.10pt to 12pt), as we would have to keep in mind those people who can't read so easily.

by marvel andy0 marvel on ‎01-01-2012 21:26

see also http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Submit-Great-giffgaff-Ideas/Reduce-post-format-options-in-the-Ideas...

.... I was just talking about the Ideas section though

maybe you mean the whole place? 

by jamesd2010 on ‎01-01-2012 21:29

The most simple idea possible, but I entirely agree - Huge font sizes mixed with Very small fonts tend to look a bit unprofessional. :smileytongue:

by samsams88 on ‎01-01-2012 21:32

@cricpk people who cant read so well arent benifitted at all by big font sizes  as its so varied! they should just zoom in! thank you james! it just doesnt look great...

@andy0 i meant to the whole place - mainly the help section but really the whole community could do with the unity...

by twinks on ‎01-01-2012 21:35

Personally, I think it's good to add a bit of personality to your posts !!

IF something should go, it should be the LARGE UGLY BADGES :smileymad:  just sayinnnn ...... 

by marvel andy0 marvel ‎01-01-2012 21:40 - edited ‎01-01-2012 21:45

yep, the large badges should be first out of the door, but using text only to over-dramatize isn't necessary either

by samsams88 on ‎01-01-2012 21:41

personality with colour and font changes i have less of a problem with its the HUGE FONTS that make it really bad...

by bertiebat on ‎01-01-2012 21:41

Personally I don't like the use of non standard text sizes and fonts so I'm in agreement there.  

However there are cases where I can see it is OK, so rather than a physical restriction on this I would like to see the guidelines updated to suggest this and then people can be pointed to the guidelines when this isn't adhered to. :smileyhappy:

by jamesd2010 on ‎01-01-2012 21:50

Colour - Perfectly fine, it creates an in-depth way to express that person, but a font size? No, just no - Nothing can be expressed here, accept an unexplained appointment with the opticians.

by twinks on ‎01-01-2012 22:00

Colour - Perfectly fine, it creates an in-depth way to express that person, but a font size? No, just no - Nothing can be expressed here, accept an unexplained appointment with the opticians.

@jamesd2010 - Colour - Perfectly fine, it creates an in-depth way to express that person, but a font size? No, just no - Nothing can be expressed here, except  an unexplained appointment with the opticians.

:smileytongue:

Announcements

Join us for Call of Duty

Labels
Idea Statuses
Weekly Poll
test poll - ignore me if you find me
How much would you pay to unlock a phone?
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:3,634 members 594 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: