Tips & Advice

newcomer
awltsoi

20Mb daily usage

Right.. I believe we get 20MB daily for goodybags so how much is 20MB as in how many minutes can I browse the net for.. how many songs I can download etc.. ?
usmanozzy786
Topics: 1,060
Kudos: 1,728
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 82
Best Answers: 603

Re: 20Mb daily usage

I think downloading songs is agains gg terms and conditions make sure you read them before accessing internet because there are chances of you getting banned if you do somwthing that you shouldn't be doing
Get a free giffgaff Sim
supporter
exaflop

awltsoi wrote:
Right.. I believe we get 20MB daily for goodybags so how much is 20MB as in how many minutes can I browse the net for.. how many songs I can download etc.. ?

That is news to me...

Get a free giffgaff Sim
cicerone
astraking

hi. 20mb is very little. if you browse the internet a lot this will go very quickly. make sure you have plenty of credit if you are not on a £10 goodybag.   astraking

pupil
frozz

Goodybags £10 and up have unlimmited data usage. If you aren't on a goodybag the first 20 Mb is 20p, and 20p per Mb after. One Mp3 song is usually around 1-3Mb. Normal browsing I would guess maybe 30 mins to 1hr would use 20Mb, but not actually checked, someone else will prob give a better answer.

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
supporter
exaflop

awltsoi wrote:

Browsing is not usefully measured in time and notoriously difficult to even measure in pages due to variable content and compression.

20MB would probably not be enough to download a whole album of mp3s, maybe half an album. Maybe 5 mins of streaming video (depends on what service)

Get a free giffgaff Sim
mikehall94
Topics: 67
Kudos: 144
Ideas: 6

[ Edited ]
I think the OP has confused the goodybag data and the initial 20mb per day without a goodybag that costs 20p. Every mb over this is charged 20p per mb. On goodybags you have unlimited data- there is no 20mb limit.

Mike
Get a free giffgaff Sim
maverick78
Kudos: 419
Best Answers: 35

If you have a goodybag with unlimited data then there is no actual limit, just don't use excessive amounts otherwise you could be barred. If you don't have unlimited data then there is still no limit on what you can use, it is 20p for up to 20mb each day but after the first 20mb you will be charged per mb used - better to get an unlimited goodybag if you use data on a regular basis.

as for what 20mb allows you to do..... well there are too many variables to answer this, some websites use a lot more data than others, also mobile websites use less data than the full website, many apps use data even when you're not using them, some apps use more data than other apps. Basically 20mb won't allow you to do very much!

If someone has helped or u think they've said something worthy of note, give them KUDOS. Also, remember to close ur thread if u've resolved ur issues by accepting a specific post as a SOLUTION.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
sloz

With 20 mb you would get
Download 6 mp3,s ( average quality of 128kb)

Stream 2 min to 20 mins of video
(this will vary a lot depending on type of phone and quality of stream but an average for a top end phone is 4 or 5 mins

Browsing. 10 mins to 5 or 6 hours
This would vary the most depending if you use your default browser and viewing large complicated pages or using mini opera with mobile view on and viewing small pages
newcomer
awltsoi

right thank you everyone much appreciated learnt a lot more