Tips & Advice

bertiebat

Re: Adult Restrictions Removal

tkw wrote:
The https://ageverification.o2.co.uk O2 site will remove the restriction by entering your mobile number, verifying a code they text to that number and entering a credit card details.
They do charge £1 to your card though but it works within 10 seconds.

Thanks for confirming that :smileyhappy: as it's a useful option for those that have a card but can't wait for the agents to respond.

Please mark the best answer when you're sorted :smileyhappy: to help others find it.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
newcomer
zaidamla

can u use debit card???
bertiebat

zaidamla wrote:
can u use debit card???

Unfortunately the site only says a 'credit card' so I assume not (though if anyone wants to give it a try and report back that would be very useful). :smileyhappy:

Please mark the best answer when you're sorted :smileyhappy: to help others find it.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
newcomer
petejc

tried verification from o2 again and before i can enter my credit card details it says "

Sorry you have exceeded the maximum number of attempts to use a credit card for age verification. Please visit our staff at any O2 shop who will be happy to help if you bring proof of age and ID"  Maybe its because my number was ported from orange.
this is my third time of trying

beginner
meaks

Just tried the O2 link, sent me the code no problem, then after I submitted my CC details got

"Sorry we have not been able to change the setting on your phone. Please contact customer service on 0870 521 4000, alternatively our staff at any O2 shop will be happy to help if you bring proof of age and ID"

Also it does state "Please note that debit cards are not accepted for this service"

I tried using my Visa debit and it wouldn't accept it.

khairul
Kudos: 2,837
Best Answers: 144

The reason why they don't accept debit cards is that debit cards are available to under 18s, whereas credit cards can only be taken up by over 18s. Thus, ownership of a credit card denotes being 'of age', whereas debit card does not offer this assurance.
Click here to order a giffgaff standard/Micro/Nano SIM and get £5 EXTRA CREDIT free with your first top-up! UK first class & international delivery available
bertiebat

meaks wrote:

Just tried the O2 link, sent me the code no problem, then after I submitted my CC details got

"Sorry we have not been able to change the setting on your phone. Please contact customer service on 0870 521 4000, alternatively our staff at any O2 shop will be happy to help if you bring proof of age and ID"

Also it does state "Please note that debit cards are not accepted for this service"

I tried using my Visa debit and it wouldn't accept it.

OK thanks for trying that and it looks like maybe this facility has been removed as an option. :smileysad:

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
khairul
Kudos: 2,837
Best Answers: 144

@bertiebat

meaks used a debit card rather than a credit card, which is the most likely reason why it didn't work.
Click here to order a giffgaff standard/Micro/Nano SIM and get £5 EXTRA CREDIT free with your first top-up! UK first class & international delivery available
beginner
meaks

No, I tried with a debit card and said I needed to use a credit card instead.

I then used my credit card which it accepted, but then got the message saying they couldn't change my settings.

jokeyboi77

i think i'll just scrap the guide i have mate and just send people to have a look your guide because you seem to have done your homework on it mate nice one bertiebat